mart

I heard that the school is no longer going to move to the state of the art building that was to be the home of the company and school .

can anyone confirm, I thought it was part of the conditions that the school would be included 

• 2 months later...

ENBS is not moving to Canning Town as they have a new 5 year lease in Fulham .is Tamara Rojo cutting ties with the school . The building in Canning Town was built to accommodate the school with great fanfare ,state of the art studio’s etc 

wow i am surprised to hear this. Is this official?

My DS was on an autumn course in 2019 and the end of course presentation was a fanfare for the new school, the staff had boxed up everything and were preparing to move.

Surprising, especially when other ballet schools such as Central are moving/recently moved to new state of the art premises.

• Anna C changed the title to ENBS not moving?

The School was originally meant to move to City Island before the Company but that  timeline was revised when the building works got a touch behind schedule. During the pandemic, the Company has been using all the studios in order to maintain class/rehearsal protocols.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

See also:

"Due to the impact of the pandemic, English National Ballet School has had to re-evaluate its plans to relocate with English National Ballet at London City Island. The School and English National Ballet now recognise that these original plans are no longer viable. As both organisations emerge from the impact of the pandemic and re-examine their requirements, they will maintain their close links and continue to work collaboratively together. The School will remain at its current home in Chelsea for the present time, continuing to work with its partners at bbodance and Chelsea Theatre so that students can benefit from the excellent facilities their premises offer in addition to its base on Hortensia Road."

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Well, if mart's right about a new 5-year lease having been signed, then I'd guess not yet.  OTOH, leases can be broken, I believe.  But it would certainly be worth enquiring officially if you have a child who's going to be attending.  After all, you need to make arrangements for accommodation and suchlike.  TBH, given that it's already August, I would have expected some sort of announcement one way or the other already.