The Hammond yr 12 accommodation

Jul

My daughter is hoping to go to The Hammond for dance diploma starting in Sept 21. Looking for information on suitable accommodation. Really not happy about using university halls for someone so young. 

Hi my dd is hoping to get funding to join The Hammond dance diploma too. I emailed as was worried about this too . They have boarding for year 12 and then after that they organise themselves with either flat share/ home stay which made me feel a bit better . I have no idea of cost for boarding though yet .

Hope this helps .

Not sure with 16 year olds atm as they changed accommodation last year but my DD is in her 3 year as a BA and she’s at tramways opposite the train station it’s run by student roost but that may be for the over 18s but it’s lovely staff have been brill over the last year, kept phoning my daughters bubble whilst in isolation asking how they were and if they needed anything also been tough on keeping them safe through Covid as well 

11 minutes ago, Dancingpanda said:

Hi my dd is hoping to get funding to join The Hammond dance diploma too. I emailed as was worried about this too . They have boarding for year 12 and then after that they organise themselves with either flat share/ home stay which made me feel a bit better . I have no idea of cost for boarding though yet .

Hope this helps .

That’s great to hear they have boarding for year 12 . I could not find the information on their website and I’m waiting for them to reply to my email. Do you know anything else such as where it is? Thank you 

12 minutes ago, WrapsnBows said:

Not sure with 16 year olds atm as they changed accommodation last year but my DD is in her 3 year as a BA and she’s at tramways opposite the train station it’s run by student roost but that may be for the over 18s but it’s lovely staff have been brill over the last year, kept phoning my daughters bubble whilst in isolation asking how they were and if they needed anything also been tough on keeping them safe through Covid as well 

Thank you , could you tell me how she gets back and for to The Hammond from there. 

17 minutes ago, Jul said:

That’s great to hear they have boarding for year 12 . I could not find the information on their website and I’m waiting for them to reply to my email. Do you know anything else such as where it is? Thank you 

They didn’t give any other info , they said it would be to follow.

I think they must be fed up of me emailing!

My dd isn’t very domesticated and usually has her head in the clouds 😂

1 hour ago, Jul said:

My daughter is hoping to go to The Hammond for dance diploma starting in Sept 21. Looking for information on suitable accommodation. Really not happy about using university halls for someone so young. 

Hello Jul and welcome to the Forum!

There are some y12 girls in the lower school girls accommodation block. 

1 hour ago, Jul said:

1 hour ago, Dancingpanda said:

They didn’t give any other info , they said it would be to follow.

I think they must be fed up of me emailing!

My dd isn’t very domesticated and usually has her head in the clouds 😂

Thank you , my dd very much the same 🤣

Chester is a wonderful city well it’s sort of a large town 🤣 we live 20 mins away on the train and my DD still decided to board for her 3 years of her BA,  it has everything during my DD’s 3 years she’s been to the zoo, done escape rooms,  been cinema,  been around the cathedral, walked the walls, river and canals. To name a few things.   And she’s now talking about taking roots there as she loves it in Chester 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, WrapsnBows said:

Chester is a wonderful city well it’s sort of a large town 🤣 we live 20 mins away on the train and my DD still decided to board for her 3 years of her BA,  it has everything during my DD’s 3 years she’s been to the zoo, done escape rooms,  been cinema,  been around the cathedral, walked the walls, river and canals. To name a few things.   And she’s now talking about taking roots there as she loves it in Chester 

Thank you for all this information, it sounds lovely. 😃

• 1 month later...
On 20/03/2021 at 16:05, Jul said:

Hello my daughter boards at The Hammond if you look on the website under Boarding there is information about the accommodation and fees there.

9 hours ago, Amber67 said:

Hello my daughter boards at The Hammond if you look on the website under Boarding there is information about the accommodation and fees there.

Thank you 😊 

On 21/03/2021 at 12:56, WrapsnBows said:

It's a lovely city - and quite compact, too, I think?

1 hour ago, alison said:

It's a lovely city - and quite compact, too, I think?

Yes tesco in walking distance, B&M small Sainsbury’s in town along with all major shops, Aldi and home and bargins a bit out but walking distance oh and I think there is a Waitrose just round the corner from my DD flat though she dosnt use that.  Plea that if nice pubs and eatery’s apparently, my Dd has had fab fun filming show reels etc around chester this last few weeks even in the amphitheater and gained an audience 🤣

• Like 1

Chester is a truly wonderful city and we’re really sad in a way that our DS is moving away from the Hammond after five years. He’s loved it in Chester and loved his time at lower school. 
My husband and I still plan to visit every Christmas as the atmosphere with the Christmas market is magical. We will miss Hammonds Christmas Carol Concert .... one of the highlights of our year.

Our DS was very happy at the Hammond ...... good luck to all those starting there xx