Northern Ballet Academy Leeds - CAT scheme

BusyDancemum

36 minutes ago, Flamenco said:

I have seen they have changed the closing date to the 19 th , I guess we won’t hear anything until after then ? .

Have they? That’s interesting to know! I wonder if they’ve had too few applicants? 

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Balletbuds80 said:

How long was your video in total? Ours was 8 mins 22 seconds and I think 6 of it has been watched. How do you see the minutes and seconds? Was yours uploaded to YouTube or another?

Ours is 7 min 20 secs long. We used youtube, I'm new to it so could be using it wrong but by going onto the analytics you can see if the view was external and you can look at view time etc 

On 15/03/2021 at 17:25, Balletbuds80 said:

@PutYourBooteesOn Hello! Are you able to tell us a bit more about the associates? How many are usually in a class and are they all put together for 9-11 year olds or in seperate year groups? I have a 9 year old DD who has applied but don’t know anyone who has done the associates to ask. 

In the associates, there were about 30 in the junior class. It was all of them together in normal world. I think this year they're split in two groups for covid reasons. It was a brilliant class, it was big though. The CAT y6 class is 14, and has been split in two all year as well so it's been amazing small groups. But both associates and CAT have had shorter times. 

57 minutes ago, PutYourBooteesOn said:

In the associates, there were about 30 in the junior class. It was all of them together in normal world. I think this year they're split in two groups for covid reasons. It was a brilliant class, it was big though. The CAT y6 class is 14, and has been split in two all year as well so it's been amazing small groups. But both associates and CAT have had shorter times. 

Thank you for that insight

12 minutes ago, CRH said:

Just checked our views - 3 from Northern now . They watched all of it on the last viewing . Surely we will all find out soon !!!! 😬

Fingers crossed! I wonder if a certain number of people need to view each one? I’m not sure how many are in the panel, but they can’t all watch it at the same time? Plus with CAT I guess they’re deciding on levels too? I’m feeling a little more patient after thinking about that! I think we’ll hear sometime next week - she says whilst obsessively refreshing her emails!!!! 😂

6 minutes ago, Springflower said:

Still only 2 viewings for us 😬 feeling really nervous now!

Did your DC apply for the junior associates? I think I recall @CRHsaying their DC applied for senior associates? I’m probably clutching at straws but I imagine they’d need to scrutinise a senior applicant in more detail? I haven’t looked at viewings on mine, I’m too scared I’ll accidentally delete it or something daft! But I wouldn’t think the number of viewings means anything - I’m pretty sure I read on the WL thread that sone videos were watched very briefly and got through to finals! 

Good luck everyone! I’m sure we’ll be relieved of this horrid waiting soon! And then hopefully thrown straight back into it for finals!!!!! 🤞🤞🤞

3 hours ago, HowMuch! said:

Did your DC apply for the junior associates? I think I recall @CRHsaying their DC applied for senior associates? I’m probably clutching at straws but I imagine they’d need to scrutinise a senior applicant in more detail? I haven’t looked at viewings on mine, I’m too scared I’ll accidentally delete it or something daft! But I wouldn’t think the number of viewings means anything - I’m pretty sure I read on the WL thread that sone videos were watched very briefly and got through to finals! 

Good luck everyone! I’m sure we’ll be relieved of this horrid waiting soon! And then hopefully thrown straight back into it for finals!!!!! 🤞🤞🤞

Yes, junior associates for us. Your so strong for not looking at the viewings! I'm trying not to think too much into it, but its very hard. Hopefully the waiting game will be over soon, looking like it could be next week now 😅. Have you applied for any other programs? 

4 minutes ago, Springflower said:

Yes, junior associates for us. Your so strong for not looking at the viewings! I'm trying not to think too much into it, but its very hard. Hopefully the waiting game will be over soon, looking like it could be next week now 😅. Have you applied for any other programs? 

Just Northern for us, inter foundation associates and CAT. We considered schools but she’s not boarding material yet, CAT would be the perfect opportunity. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HowMuch! said:

Just Northern for us, inter foundation associates and CAT. We considered schools but she’s not boarding material yet, CAT would be the perfect opportunity. 

Its a big step isn't it! Fingers crossed for your daughter🤞. We couldn't commit to all of the travelling for CATs so we just went for associates. I'm not from a dancing background myself so this is all completely new and just learning as we go along!

1 minute ago, Springflower said:

Its a big step isn't it! Fingers crossed for your daughter🤞. We couldn't commit to all of the travelling for CATs so we just went for associates. I'm not from a dancing background myself so this is all completely new and just learning as we go along!

Same here, I’m clueless when it comes to dance! This forum has been a sanity-saver! We’re quite close to Leeds so it’s a great option. 

6 minutes ago, HowMuch! said:

Same here, I’m clueless when it comes to dance! This forum has been a sanity-saver! We’re quite close to Leeds so it’s a great option. 

Glad to know I'm not the only clueless parent. Yes, I've had a good read through some of the other posts on here and learnt alot so far 🙂

34 minutes ago, Balletbuds80 said:

The confirmation email says if we haven’t heard by 29th March, then to email them. If we don’t hear before, they will be inundated with emails from us all 😂

😂😂 I was convinced we’d know already. I’m going to guess it’ll be Tuesday - guess based on nothing other than the hope I’m wrong and it’s actually Monday!😂

• Like 2

I have two children on the CAT scheme and at our final audition on the Sunday we knew by the Thursday the outcome, if closing date was 19th , I think you will hear this week ! It’s so hard though , the waiting is a killer 🙈good luck to everyone 🤞

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Shelovesdance said:

Mine hasn’t been watched over the weekend. It’s on Dropbox so I set it to a minute from the end so I could see if anyone looked but it’s still in the same place. I feel like it might not be until the end of the week😭😭 Good luck everyone xxxx

I have a feeling they might wait until after the free boys class they are doing on Friday. Does anyone know if they usually do the CATs and associate emails together? Or do they concentrate on CATs first? 

3 minutes ago, Springflower said:

I have a feeling they might wait until after the free boys class they are doing on Friday. Does anyone know if they usually do the CATs and associate emails together? Or do they concentrate on CATs first? 

I don’t know. Audition wise CAT is first isn’t it? When we applied for my son we only put CAT and not JA, and same now for my daughter xx