Northern Ballet Academy Leeds - CAT scheme

BusyDancemum

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 19/05/2021 at 12:04, CRH said:

Do you think many children do both Royal and Northern associates? Seems a bit much to me along with their usual dance classes. If so, then it's a shame that they get the opportunity for training with 2 Associate schemes when there are plenty of children on waiting lists who would love the chance of attending 1.

Not that I am taking anything away from dancers who have been lucky enough to be offered more than one place ( they are clearly very talented ) x

Yes my dd did JA for Royal and northern before moving to JA Royal and northern CAT. as someone else said, we chose to take both places while preparing for possibly going into vocational school. Plus for us, the local classes needed that extra boost. 

Northern are very accommodating of children fitting their classes around Royal, they were encouraging of it. 

14 hours ago, PutYourBooteesOn said:

Yes my dd did JA for Royal and northern before moving to JA Royal and northern CAT. as someone else said, we chose to take both places while preparing for possibly going into vocational school. Plus for us, the local classes needed that extra boost. 

Northern are very accommodating of children fitting their classes around Royal, they were encouraging of it. 

Thanks for that info . I still think it’s a shame that some get children get the opportunity for 2 such associate schemes and others are then on the reserves lists. ( as I said before I do not doubt that these dancers are brilliant- but do they really need 2 associate schemes plus their normal classes ? )

It Seems an awful lot . My daughter absolutely wants this as a profession so I am completely aware of giving them opportunities, but this amount of dancing can surely lead to burn-out and or injury . X

On 30/05/2021 at 17:50, CRH said:

Thanks for that info . I still think it’s a shame that some get children get the opportunity for 2 such associate schemes and others are then on the reserves lists. ( as I said before I do not doubt that these dancers are brilliant- but do they really need 2 associate schemes plus their normal classes ? )

It Seems an awful lot . My daughter absolutely wants this as a profession so I am completely aware of giving them opportunities, but this amount of dancing can surely lead to burn-out and or injury . X

I think it’s a tricky one to judge. My DD has experienced being given nos and wait lists whilst her peers get multiple yeses, and it was hard to be ok with at the time. BUT, I must now admit that next year my DD is doing two associate schemes alongside her ordinary classes, so 10 hours a week. I agree, at junior level it could be too much, it would have been for my DD, but now she’s 11 we wanted to ensure DD had some high quality training after covid with a view to applying for vocational schools for year 8 onwards (a difficult aspiration but she wasn’t emotionally ready for year 7). 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/06/2021 at 11:02, HowMuch! said:

Any news for those DC’s waiting on reserve lists? 🤞🤞🤞

We have just had an email offering a place on Senior Associates 😄😄.
Lovely to know that the reserve waiting lists work !! So good luck if you are still waiting . Xx 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Spilsby2020 said:

Yay! Great news for your DC. Al though we had managed to resign ourselves that there wouldn't be any more spaces now! Wish they did an online programme for reserves like RBS do

Well keep checking your emails - you never know . Yes an online course for reserves would be a great idea . Fingers crossed for your DC 

2 hours ago, CRH said:

We have just had an email offering a place on Senior Associates 😄😄.
Lovely to know that the reserve waiting lists work !! So good luck if you are still waiting . Xx 

That’s such great news! Especially with the seniors! Well done!!!

On 22/06/2021 at 17:53, Flamenco said:

Hi my DD got offered a place for CAT we are delighted 

Well done 

Chookas ! to her  

there are some absolutely fabulous humans involved with the comapny and the Academy 

3 hours ago, Balletmad78 said:

Has anyone had any info regarding uniform for September yet? My DD is going to be starting Junior Associates. Just want to make sure I haven't missed anything!

I asked about this a few weeks ago and they said info would be given out at the end of June. I’m sure we’ll hear something this week. 

My DD can't wait to get started in September, but is quite anxious about not knowing anyone. She's not at all confident when it comes to talking to others and making friends. I wonder whether any other new JAs might be interested in a get together before September so anyone who wants to can become acquainted? No worries if not, just thought it might help with that first class if they saw some familiar and friendly faces!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi there

I'm wondering where everyone is going to get there uniform from? My daughter will be starting in juniors in September. I have looked on the planet dance website but couldn’t see tracksuits or bags on there. 
Am I looking in the wrong place? 
much appreciate any help or info. 
many thanks. X

1 hour ago, Pas de Quatre said:

Have you clicked on the Uniform tab? It then lists all the organisations alphabetically. 

Hi. Thank you for your reply. 
yes I have clicked on the uniform tab but still couldn’t any tracksuits or bags. 

16 hours ago, Laceyj said:

Hi. Thank you for your reply. 
yes I have clicked on the uniform tab but still couldn’t any tracksuits or bags. 

Once you’re on the northern ballet uniform section, they’re in the accessories tab. Just the associates ones though. 

Edited by HowMuch!