Northern Ballet Academy Leeds - CAT scheme

BusyDancemum

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Novice dance mum said:

Hi does anyone know if all applicants got recalls? 

I wouldn’t have thought so. I know of children in previous years who’ve not been recalled, or who had recalls for CAT and not associates etc. I think that this year, the effort of filming might have put people off which might skew the applicant standard perhaps? Another couple of things to keep in mind, is that there is often a unrepresentative number of yeses on this forum and that those with nos might not put it on social media etc. 

1 hour ago, HowMuch! said:

I wouldn’t have thought so. I know of children in previous years who’ve not been recalled, or who had recalls for CAT and not associates etc. I think that this year, the effort of filming might have put people off which might skew the applicant standard perhaps? Another couple of things to keep in mind, is that there is often a unrepresentative number of yeses on this forum and that those with nos might not put it on social media etc. 

That’s very true, thank you. First year doing NB. Previously had a short waiting list for RBS, so recall is new to us. 

4 hours ago, HowMuch! said:

This!!! Totally agree. The forum will have the more serious and dedicated dancers so unrealistic proportion of yes to no’s. 

How many sessions do you think there are? We are at 4.45pm and assume we’re the last. I’m thinking it could be 6, something like below...?

9.30-10.30

10.45-11.45

12.00 - 1pm

break

2.15-3.15pm

3.30-4.30pm

4.45-5.45pm

finish

so between 60-90 kids class size dependant. What do you reckon?

1 hour ago, Shelovesdance said:

How many sessions do you think there are? We are at 4.45pm and assume we’re the last. I’m thinking it could be 6, something like below...?

9.30-10.30

10.45-11.45

12.00 - 1pm

break

2.15-3.15pm

3.30-4.30pm

4.45-5.45pm

finish

We are 9.30

Edited by Balletbuds80

1 hour ago, Bunny said:

My DS is 4.45 also and he’s number 9 I think! What’s everybody doing about the numbers for their leotards, have I read it wrong or do we have to make our own? x

Oh gawd yes we do and I keep forgetting. I’m cutting up a pillow case and writing on the number in marker pen xx

23 hours ago, Shelovesdance said:

Oh gawd yes we do and I keep forgetting. I’m cutting up a pillow case and writing on the number in marker pen xx

On 11/04/2021 at 21:51, Bunny said:

My DS is 4.45 also and he’s number 9 I think! What’s everybody doing about the numbers for their leotards, have I read it wrong or do we have to make our own? x

Old school shirt here. 

Must remember the towel too ... there is a chance we could forget that. 

On 11/04/2021 at 14:04, Shelovesdance said:

9.30-10.30

10.45-11.45

12.00 - 1pm

break

2.15-3.15pm

3.30-4.30pm

4.45-5.45pm

finish

There is a 13.20 - 14.10 too 

I imagine they’ll be using more than one studio so start times might stagger and auditions overlap? In the email it said not to arrive early which makes me think they’ll be letting groups in every 15mins or so?  In previous years they had different age groups in different studios at the same time. From memory when DD auditioned as a JA, there was one level 1 group of 30 for the CAT recall and 2/3 groups for the associates. I think?

I have no idea for the older ones, DD is now IF associate and who knows what CAT level? I’m not feeling particularly confident of her chances, I’m pretty sure the spots available for IF associates will be very few and even less so for CAT if she’s not a level 1. But, it’ll be a fun day out for her so I’ll hold on to that!