Auditions for Sept 2021 intake.

balletbean

I saw that. Great news but does make it hard in terms of accepting other (non vocational offers); the deadlines for some acceptances for senior schools where I am is before eg WL finals even take place. What a lovely position it would be to have the possibility of both, but very tricky! 

The results for vocational places are always later than other secondary school offers, even without this. We accepted a place at a non-vocational secondary school for DD and then gave our place back when her place at vocational school was offered. (In actual fact we handed it back later than that, as we waited until after induction day so we knew she was sure!) 16+ offers at normal sixth form are only confirmed after GCSE results, so not a problem then, but finals could be even closer than normal to GCSEs in 2021, which sounds stressful!

• Like 1

This is good news, but there have always been Preliminary auditions in January and the Spring term - depending on the insitutuion.  It is only the early auditions in November and December which won't be happening, so overall I don't think it will change anything that much.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Whiteduvet said:

I saw that. Great news but does make it hard in terms of accepting other (non vocational offers); the deadlines for some acceptances for senior schools where I am is before eg WL finals even take place. What a lovely position it would be to have the possibility of both, but very tricky! 

We had to accept my DDs place at local.grammar school at the beginning of March, despite her getting to WL and Elmhurst finals after that date. I then handed back her place at the school in May after we were sure we could afford to send her to Elmhurst.

30 minutes ago, Pas de Quatre said:

This is good news, but there have always been Preliminary auditions in January and the Spring term - depending on the insitutuion.  It is only the early auditions in November and December which won't be happening, so overall I don't think it will change anything that much.

Yes that true. DD could have done Elmhurst after Christmas but did it in December.to get one out of the way. I dont think it will change much either.

• Like 1

It’s swings and roundabouts.  For Lower school auditions I can absolutely see that the best thing would be to start auditions later. To give the pupils more time to prepare and next term studio space will be at a premium with social distancing in class/smaller class sizes etc. 

However for Upper School auditions later auditions will impact much more on GCSE exam preparation. 

I thought people might find this interesting - as a parallel situation.  My 19 year old nephew is a talented swimmer.  He regularly qualifies for the Nationals and had his first International competition just before lockdown.  Like dancers, all the swimmers are desparate to get back into training.  It has been officially announced that there will be no Swimming Competitions until January 2021 so that there is time for everyone to get back to full fitness without rushing and risking injury.

32 minutes ago, Pas de Quatre said:

I thought people might find this interesting - as a parallel situation.  My 19 year old nephew is a talented swimmer.  He regularly qualifies for the Nationals and had his first International competition just before lockdown.  Like dancers, all the swimmers are desparate to get back into training.  It has been officially announced that there will be no Swimming Competitions until January 2021 so that there is time for everyone to get back to full fitness without rushing and risking injury.

My daughter is the same competes for GB and is part of there talent pathway supposed to train 10 hours a week and in the whole of lockdown she has picked up her rifle twice and has 3 international comps postponed to next year and the English and welsh championships postponed which are both selection comps she was even able to of been selected for the junior World Cup 😢😢 what is even sadder is the fact that this was her last year as a junior and next year will be competing up against Olympic people and we will probably lose what funding we get through her Uni due to cuts as well 😢😢😢 sad times 

• Like 1