Jump to content

Tring CBA Associates auditions 2020


MissEmily
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,

 

I have a pupil auditioning for Year 5 JAs and also Tring CBA Associates. Communication from the RBS has been pretty good, but I have heard nothing from Tring. Does anyone know how they plan to run their auditions and when?

 

Thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 06/08/2020 at 13:46, Firebird21 said:

Anyone else had an email through with audition times?

we are group one ....I shall  be asleep on the train! 

My DS is auditioning in group 5. Tring CBA is the programme I know the least about, so I’m not sure how many children are in each group and how many places are potentially available. We shall put it down to experience I think and go without expectations. My DS is looking forwards to a live studio audition though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, BalletBoysDad said:

My DS is auditioning in group 5. Tring CBA is the programme I know the least about, so I’m not sure how many children are in each group and how many places are potentially available. We shall put it down to experience I think and go without expectations. My DS is looking forwards to a live studio audition though. 

 

Yes a live audition will be a novelty!

 

DD is in Group 4 though is going into year 5 like your son. Does anyone know how they are grouped?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, BellaF said:

 

Yes a live audition will be a novelty!

 

DD is in Group 4 though is going into year 5 like your son. Does anyone know how they are grouped?

As the boys and girls are taught in separate groups, I would imagine they are auditioned separately too. It makes me wonder if group 5 is all boys, or a specific age group of boys. But that wouldn’t clarify how groups 1-4 are organised and which age groups participate in which group. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BellaF said:

 

Yes a live audition will be a novelty!

 

DD is in Group 4 though is going into year 5 like your son. Does anyone know how they are grouped?

Sorry I’m dreadful remembering names! So both our DC’s will be doing Elmhurst! My son is really looking forwards to this Tring audition as it’s a physical ‘real life’ experience. He was offered Ballet Boost which runs on almost the same term dates, so in theory it would be an either/or IF he were successful. But we’re just going with an open mind to see what happens and take it as an experience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 20/08/2020 at 10:13, BalletBoysDad said:

Sorry I’m dreadful remembering names! So both our DC’s will be doing Elmhurst! My son is really looking forwards to this Tring audition as it’s a physical ‘real life’ experience. He was offered Ballet Boost which runs on almost the same term dates, so in theory it would be an either/or IF he were successful. But we’re just going with an open mind to see what happens and take it as an experience.

 

Ha don't worry - too many names to remember on here! 

 

Found out that the others auditioning from my DD's class are also in group 5 - hope they don't ask anything too tricky. She's only grade 2 😫

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, MissEmily said:

My (female) pupil is also in Group 5. I’ll be being referred to as “Miss Emily”. Do come and say hi! 😊

 

Oh I def would but my DD is in group 4 - what age is your pupil? DD is 9 and I worry is in the wrong group!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Leapfrog said:

My DS really enjoyed this audition for Tring CBA last year. It was a mixed class of girls and boys for his age group. The studios are beautiful a nd the teaching staff were very friendly.  Good luck to your DDs and DS s! 

Thanks for the info (and the good luck) that’s really appreciated! Do you know if they audition a lot of children for a relatively small number of places? I always wonder what the statistics involved are like, and what ratio of children apply for what number of places. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, BellaF said:

 

Ha don't worry - too many names to remember on here! 

 

Found out that the others auditioning from my DD's class are also in group 5 - hope they don't ask anything too tricky. She's only grade 2 😫

My son is grade 2 too. I can’t imagine it’s any more or less complicated than the Elmhurst audition, but that’s just a guess. I read a lot before that they’re interested in the flexibility aspect.  I’d also imagine with social distancing requirements there might not be more than 15 in the group. But again, just a guess. We probably won’t know until it’s done. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder how long it takes to receive the results of the Tring audition.  My son really wants to do the audition, as its only 'live audition' actually in the studio.  But he was accepted for Ballet Boost in London which, now seeing their dates, run on EXACTLY the same Sundays.  I really don't know what to do, because the first Ballet Boost class is the day after Tring audition.  That means paying £400 on fees and uniform.  Its such a lot of money. And I know that by going to a live audition, he'd really want the place, if he was successful.  But equally, Ballet Boost have been so kind in their organisation and planning and I would hate to let them down so late in the day.  

 

Any thoughts on how other people might navigate this headache would be appreciated. We could politely withdraw from Ballet Boost, but also risk not being successful at Tring and then have no associate scheme on a Sunday.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Bluebird22 said:

Could you move to a different Ballet Boost centre? 

We recently moved from London to Staffordshire, where they have a centre in Newcastle under Lyme, but unfortunately the majority of those class dates also clash with Tring, so unfortunately requesting a different centre doesn’t appear an option.
 

If we had been in a ‘normal’ audition season, I imagine the children would have had their auditions, received their results, then made all their acceptances. But it’s awkward that to do the Tring audition almost means declining a viable place on another programme not knowing what the outcome will be. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, BalletBoysDad said:

I wonder how long it takes to receive the results of the Tring audition.  My son really wants to do the audition, as its only 'live audition' actually in the studio.  But he was accepted for Ballet Boost in London which, now seeing their dates, run on EXACTLY the same Sundays.  I really don't know what to do, because the first Ballet Boost class is the day after Tring audition.  That means paying £400 on fees and uniform.  Its such a lot of money. And I know that by going to a live audition, he'd really want the place, if he was successful.  But equally, Ballet Boost have been so kind in their organisation and planning and I would hate to let them down so late in the day.  

 

Any thoughts on how other people might navigate this headache would be appreciated. We could politely withdraw from Ballet Boost, but also risk not being successful at Tring and then have no associate scheme on a Sunday.

You and I have the same predicament although my dd is a little older 

added complication is that her bb classes are in the afternoon for this coming term rather than most of Sunday 

lord knows what we will do if she get offered a place in Tring 

we just wanted to do the audition! Last year was a no, but it was one she wanted to return to 

what with Tring opting for live auditions in a few weeks, everything has gotten somewhat more complex !!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Firebird21 said:

You and I have the same predicament although my dd is a little older 

added complication is that her bb classes are in the afternoon for this coming term rather than most of Sunday 

lord knows what we will do if she get offered a place in Tring 

we just wanted to do the audition! Last year was a no, but it was one she wanted to return to 

what with Tring opting for live auditions in a few weeks, everything has gotten somewhat more complex !!

Exactly! At the beginning of lockdown, when we didn’t have any idea about what schemes would run (yet alone what schemes he would have a chance of being successful on) we applied for all to see what came through as an audition. It also slightly complicate matters that we left London. So anything he applies for will be his only classes (Elmhurst being the only weekly class so far) as he doesn’t yet have any local classes. Ballet Boost have been so courteous and efficient in their communication, I would feel terrible to decline so late in the day, and have heard nothing but great things about them. I don’t know much about Tring CBA, and the ratio of number of applicants to number of places etc, so it really difficult to decide what to do. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, BalletBoysDad said:

Thanks for the info (and the good luck) that’s really appreciated! Do you know if they audition a lot of children for a relatively small number of places? I always wonder what the statistics involved are like, and what ratio of children apply for what number of places. 

My DS was,going to do Ballet Boost and Tring CBA as,we could just about make the journey between the two on the days it clashed. He ended up starting at vocational school instead so I'm not sure of the Tring class sizes. I'm sure he would have loved it had he gone there! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Leapfrog said:

My DS was,going to do Ballet Boost and Tring CBA as,we could just about make the journey between the two on the days it clashed. He ended up starting at vocational school instead so I'm not sure of the Tring class sizes. I'm sure he would have loved it had he gone there! 

Did your DS do any years of Ballet Boost? My gut instinct is to pursue Ballet Boost and not participate in the Tring audition. I think it would be unfair and probably disrespectful to BBA to decline the space so close to when it starts. And if my son was successful at Tring, it would raise his hopes to want to do a programme we couldn’t do. In these difficult economic times, we would have to spend nearly £400 on uniform and fees for BBA that we would waste. If we pursue BBA, my so will be doing Elmhurst Young Dancers and Ballet Boost which I’m hoping is a lovely combination anyway. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, BalletBoysDad said:

Did your DS do any years of Ballet Boost? My gut instinct is to pursue Ballet Boost and not participate in the Tring audition. I think it would be unfair and probably disrespectful to BBA to decline the space so close to when it starts. And if my son was successful at Tring, it would raise his hopes to want to do a programme we couldn’t do. In these difficult economic times, we would have to spend nearly £400 on uniform and fees for BBA that we would waste. If we pursue BBA, my so will be doing Elmhurst Young Dancers and Ballet Boost which I’m hoping is a lovely combination anyway. 

We will most likely stay with bb. I agree with you in regards to their professional attitude and organisation around restarting classes 

my dd really wants to attend the Tring audition as she found the experience last year, a positive one! 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Firebird21 said:

We will most likely stay with bb. I agree with you in regards to their professional attitude and organisation around restarting classes 

my dd really wants to attend the Tring audition as she found the experience last year, a positive one! 
 

I’m thinking now to do the audition at Tring CBA, purely as an experience and with an open mind. It will probably give my DS a strong feel for Tring, and if not for now, maybe for future. On reflection, I think that the issue is a little bit muddied that there are relatively few of these associate programmes, and it feels a bit of a shame to have to inconvenience or possible offend one over another. But we’re in rather an exceptional year, where the ‘normal’ audition season has been spread out over many months. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...