Royal Ballet The Cellist Insight 22 01 20

I managed to get a last minute ticket to this and found it enthralling to see the dancers, choreographers and musicians working together to bring this new ballet into being. It looks like being a very powerful and emotional tribute to the too-short life of an amazing woman.

• Like 11

Great to see the collaboration between Marston/Cuthbertson/Sambe. it seems a real team effort and some of the pas de deux look really dramatic and exciting. Must be wonderful for Marcellino to have his first major role choreographed on him. A great milestone in his career. I hope it's a success. there still seem to be plenty of tickets on sale. Looking forward to seeing the first cast at the cinema and second cast at the ROH though once again shame about no matinees.  I'm sure I'm not the only person who can't get home at night and appreciates a matinee (even if tickets are now full price!). Also for a programme which isn't so well known or obviously appealing to non-ballet regulars I'm sure people are put off attending if they know they have to pay extra for accommodation. I would have thought if one of the evening performances had been a Saturday matinee it would have done better.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, jmhopton said:

Great to see the collaboration between Marston/Cuthbertson/Sambe. it seems a real team effort and some of the pas de deux look really dramatic and exciting. Must be wonderful for Marcellino to have his first major role choreographed on him. A great milestone in his career. I hope it's a success. there still seem to be plenty of tickets on sale. Looking forward to seeing the first cast at the cinema and second cast at the ROH though once again shame about no matinees.  I'm sure I'm not the only person who can't get home at night and appreciates a matinee (even if tickets are now full price!). Also for a programme which isn't so well known or obviously appealing to non-ballet regulars I'm sure people are put off attending if they know they have to pay extra for accommodation. I would have thought if one of the evening performances had been a Saturday matinee it would have done better.

It is a shame about the lack of a matinee. I have booked for the 18th and have had to take an afternoon’s holiday from work in order to get up to London !

• Like 2