NEW Woodside School of Ballet - South East Area

Nicola Moriarty

Dear All

We are delighted to announce that we will be opening 'Woodside School of ballet' in September 2018.

Run by myself Ex classical dancer and teacher of 18 years Nicola Moriarty, we will be looking to take on ONLY 16 students in each age bracket (9-12 years and 13 upwards). So only 32 students in the whole school. Focusing on high quality conditioning and training in classical ballet for those who wish to have a strong career in dance.

We will also run 'Intro to ballet' classes for ages 5-8 years old to make sure that the foundations and fundamentals for correct technique are installed earlier for the next step to becoming a ballerina.

Please email for more details, and an application form. Auditions will be in May 2018.

It is very exciting time for us, and hope you can share this with your friends and dancers. Please follow us on FB and Instagram.

Kind regards

Nicola Moriarty

Principal - Woodside Dance Retreat

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Dear All

Woodside Dance retreat is proud to announce the opening of a brand new Ballet school in September 2018.

The Woodside School of Ballet is looking for outstanding Boys and Girl Ballet dancers in two age groups, 9-12 years and 13-18 years, to start with us at our new Ballet School OPENING from September 2018. We are looking for students with the right mindset, and right work ethic to train 10 hours a week with our Principal Nicola Moriarty (2 x 3 hours sessions in the evening, and 1 x 5 hours session on a Saturday). To show the courage and commitment to our programme to be the best they can be, while encouraging their peers along the way all within a caring small family school enviroment.

There will only be 16 students in each age group to give the best personal attention and incredible quality training. These will be selected in May Auditions so please message for an application form.

This is going to be something extremely special, something like no other school that exists. If you are selected, then we will work hard together as a school, work to achieve impeccable technique, musicality, artistry and stamina! Exams are not a focus, but students will be entered when they are ready, competitions will be entered and the End of year show will consist of choreography from world renown teachers and performers. The list of GREAT stuff planned is huge!

We will also be catering for the 5-8 year olds with Ballet FUN-damentals programme. More details to follow :-)

Please email me for more information. nicola@woodsidedanceretreat.com.

Thank you

Nicola x

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot recommend Nicola high enough. She is a wonderful teacher of Ballet and Ballet life skills. Her support to my son and me over the last year has been wonderful. If you want your dancer to have a high level of tuition in a relaxed environment then this is the school for you. 

• Like 1

Cannot recommend Woodside Dance Retreat and Nicola enough. She is a wonderful teacher and my son has learnt so much from her and not just about Ballet. Her family are wonderful and welcoming. If we were closer my son would be a regular outside of his vocational training. 

• Like 1

Woodside Retreat is the only summer intensive my DS has ever insisted on returning to!

Nicola is a super teacher and gave him not only great ballet instruction but boosted his self belief and determination! A holistic approach and lots of enjoyment too.

He can’t wait to go back again in August - well worth attending these classes if you are in the Kent/Sussex area.

Edited by Billyelliott
Spelling mistake !
  • Like 4

While we are pleased that so many of our forum members are happy to recommend this enterprise, may we just remind everyone of the following paragraph from the "Commerce" section of our Forum rules:

"We are not an advertising hoarding and repeated postings of the same or similar information will not be tolerated, nor frivolous posts which merely seem designed to get the company name ‘up there’."

Many thanks,

Anna C on behalf of Balletcoforum Moderators

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

We are pleased to announce our First set of Auditions for our new school will be help on the 5th May 2018. Please email nicola@woodsidedanceretreat.com for an application form. 

This is going to be something spectacular with only 16 students per class and the highest quality training for 10 hours a week. If you aspire to be a Ballerina, or dance classical ballet around the world, then we are here to make you  the BEST you can be.

Get in touch now and join us in this new venture.

Kind regards

Nicola Moriarty

Principal

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone, 

Aside from the comments about a large logo, and staff member comments of the ballet forum (I think I have got the hang of the threads element now, thanks for picking us up on it)

Thank you for your kind words.

Our first few Auditions have gone well, and we are planning a 3rd round of Auditions for our Woodside School of Ballet starting in September on Monday 21st May. Please email now if you would like to know more details about the school.

Thank you and enjoy the sun.

Kind regards

Nic x