Bolshoi Nureyev

Have now found them... quite well hidden in a way but they do look very interesting.

i think Artem Ovcharenko has more of the exotic feel of Nureyev ....just from the photos so that cast looks interesting with Kretova as Fonteyn ...but they are not dancers I have seen for real as it were. 

I wonder when it will return into repertoire ....I think I might try emailing them to bring this in 2019 but wouldn't hold out much hope unfortunately!! 

• Like 2

I went into the main Bolshoi website ( with ru after it) and then following Beryl's advice this time went into the link at the top which says "theatre" then into "press office" and then you will see a picture of Lantratov as Nureyev and if you go into that it comes up with all the other pictures.

The first time I kept trying to find the ballet itself under their repertoire but as its not being performed in the next few months couldn't find it except for a synopsis of the ballet etc and the former casting but no piccies!!

It really does look intriguing .....guess may have to line up a first visit to the Bolshoi to see it when next in Rep! 

• Like 1

Just a bit of news from the grapevine as it were.

Apparently this production is HUGE ....up to 200 people on stage at the curtain calls! 

This is because besides dancers there is a choir used and numerous actors as well 

Unfortunately for us this probably means unlikely to be brought to the UK which is a shame.....perhaps there needs to be some sort of collaboration between Russian and British artists ....though have no idea how it would work.

So looks like this is one to see in Moscow.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Somebody told me last summer that the Bolshoi were not coming until 2019 

I thought then it was something to do with the organisers....someone retiring? Or having to find a new sponsor? but perhaps not then!