Prix de Lausanne 2018

invisiblecircus

Yes I thought his contemporary was outstanding yesterday but he 's not bad on the classical side either!! 

He is in with a winning chance I think ...though of course we don't get to see all the students performing just a selection.

I thought Audrey was really very good in her contemporary piece ....I keep forgetting she is only 14! But she does have genuine artistic talent I think.

I see none of the 14 year olds got through to the finals 

• Like 1

Hope your ankle heals fast Billyelliott!! If you've got to be at home February isn't a bad month to have off or at least be inside a lot!!

Yes he was definitely one of the standout candidates this year my fave anyway!! 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Billyelliott said:

Loved watching this whilst laid up with broken ankle .......Shale Wagman stood out - a worthy winner - infectious joy and passionate dancing!

Oh no!  Hope you mend soon and has not put too much stress on ds audition timetable. Agreed, Shale Wagman was a standout winner. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Harwel said:

Oh no!  Hope you mend soon and has not put too much stress on ds audition timetable. Agreed, Shale Wagman was a standout winner. 

DS pushed me around Covent Garden yesterday in a borrowed a wheelchair  on the way to his audition !

His brother pushed me to the train home!  Underground staff and general public all very helpful !

Driving anywhere out of the question. Thank goodness boarding has made him such an independent and resourceful young man!

Edited by Billyelliott
Missed a word...
  • Like 7

Shale Wagman explained in an interview with French site dansesaveclaplume yesterday that his dream would be to join ENB https://www.dansesaveclaplume.com/pas-de-deux/600681-rencontre-avec-shale-wagman-gagnant-du-prix-de-lausanne-2018/.

There it is ... his dance school, the Academie de Danse Princesse Grace, has announced on their public facebook page that he will be joining ENB next season. https://www.facebook.com/AcademiedeDansePrincesseGrace/?hc_ref=ARQH8X7qMiiz5gR2LFno6B1-k_segT_8-Zl8VkhdTu5z1_iEGGejMmd2VJvj97pPttM&fref=nf

Congratulations to him and to those who will be able to see him perform with ENB.

Happy for Stuttgart, too. Finalist Minji Nam, from the same school, will join Stuttgart Ballet (cf. the post just below the one above).

• Like 4

I was a little  disappointed when I heard this, but if it's really his dream, I'm glad it's being realised and hope things improve quickly at the ENB!

Thanks for posting the lovely interview, Duck :)

Very happy that Minji is heading for Stuttgart!

Edited by invisiblecircus
Forgot to add...
  • Like 1