ROH website very busy?

Can anyone explain to me why I'm suddenly getting dumped in the Waiting Room, when I didn't have any problems getting at the Calendar this morning? Surely can't be another "posh friends" booking before public booking has even occurred, can it?

Oops, something's now gone very wonky with the website. If you click on any of the "What's On" links, you just get referred back to the Calendar. Just when I was trying to persuade a friend to try "Fille" ...

Now what??!! I go to look at the calendar, find myself in the waiting room, 12 people ahead of me. Land on the Welcome page, try to click "What's On", and find myself back in the waiting room, but now with 700+ people before me! Don't tell me Marcelo Gomez is that hot a ticket!

yes, that's happening to me to - any 'Ballet and Dance' link is back to the Calendar, which doesn't show shows that aren't for sale yet. I've sent a message to the online booking team, so await to hear what they have to say

It's still happening. I was going to try and persuade a friend who's never been before to book tickets, but haven't, of course, been able to send her a link to what to book for. And no way, given that she's fully aware of my experiences, is she going to try public booking tomorrow. Oh well, guess the ROH dodesn't worry that much about new audiences, does it?

• 3 weeks later...

I just got an e-mail that new student standby tickets have just been released for Don Giovanni tomorrow night so perhaps that's why there are so many people on there at the moment.

Blimey. If that's all it is, then they won't all get tickets.

You know, I'd really appreciate a page on the website warning us when we're unlikely to be able to get through: then I'd probably try to avoid days like these. Mind you, of course the new all-singing, all-dancing, all-accommodating website will make this unnecessary, won't it? :unsure:

• Like 1

It's past 11.30pm and the waiting room is still in operation. I tried to get on a number of times earlier today and there were always over 600 people ahead of me in the queue. Even now there are around 100 people waiting to get onto the site. I hadn't realised that there were so many Premium 1 Friends!

So, that's now 3 - or is it 4? - days running it's not been possible to get directly onto the booking site (yesterday I merely wanted to check my seating arrangements for a couple of performances, but I couldn't even do that). A good job for the ROH that their ballet tickets are sold out for weeks ahead, but not so good for the opera: they must be losing multiple opportunities to sell tickets for the controversial Rusalka for a start, because people who aren't used to the ways of the system probably won't want to hang around online for hours waiting to get through.

Encountered a new glitch when booking today. Got into the site quite quickly. Booked everything I wanted except for a couple of insights already fully booked (Clore). Arrived at the address page and then unable to proceed to payment. Consequently lost everything, so went back and started again; same result. Eventually got on to the Box Office and managed to get most of the tickets I had tried to book online. Box office said that this was a problem with their site, not my computer. Hope that it will be fixed before the next rounds of booking.

Encountered a new glitch when booking today. Got into the site quite quickly. Booked everything I wanted except for a couple of insights already fully booked (Clore). Arrived at the address page and then unable to proceed to payment. Consequently lost everything, so went back and started again; same result. Eventually got on to the Box Office and managed to get most of the tickets I had tried to book online. Box office said that this was a problem with their site, not my computer. Hope that it will be fixed before the next rounds of booking.

I had a similar problem but found that, if I left the page alone and went to do something else, the payment page eventually came up.

500 or so in the waiting-room this morning. It really is daft to have their main system for selling current tickets effectively "out" for as many days as it has been in the last week.

500 or so in the waiting-room this morning. It really is daft to have their main system for selling current tickets effectively "out" for as many days as it has been in the last week.

Today is package booking for Friends of Covent Garden

• 2 weeks later...

A word of warning to those wanting to access the ROH website today and tomorrow. Various levels of Friends of Covent Garden will be booking their tickets for period 4 rehearsals so the site will be very busy.

Edited by Bluebird