EYB Swan Lake

amum/Cathy

I'm wondering if the casting for the first production of Swan Lake has taken place yet? Ds is going to be in the second production, at Newcastle, and we're getting very curious to know what the parts/dances are going to be. We know 13 boys (8 senior and 5 junior) got through the auditions for Newcastle.

Also friends are wondering about the dances/parts for the girls, so if/when anyone hears about the Dartford castings PLEASE could they post :)

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Cathy was after any news from the Dartford casting - she'll know when the Newcastle one is since her son is participating. Does anyone know if the Dartford production has been cast yet, and if so what parts there are for the different age groups? It sounds like a very interesting production, and if the pics on the EYB Facebook page are anything to go by there are going to be some lovely costumes.

Cathy, my dd is doing Swan Lake in Dartford and they had the casting a few weeks ago. Apparently she is a courtier with about 7 other girls. I have no idea what this entails. Think she was hoping to be cast as a cygnet but they went to slightly older girls (she's 10). She's very excited anyway - rehearsals start at half term.

We are still waiting to hear if dd is going to get a place at Aylesbury. Apparently she is first reserve and the deadline is today. Does anyone know of anyone accepted but not taking up the place?

Cathy, my dd is doing Swan Lake in Dartford and they had the casting a few weeks ago. Apparently she is a courtier with about 7 other girls. I have no idea what this entails. Think she was hoping to be cast as a cygnet but they went to slightly older girls (she's 10). She's very excited anyway - rehearsals start at half term.

We are still waiting to hear if dd is going to get a place at Aylesbury. Apparently she is first reserve and the deadline is today. Does anyone know of anyone accepted but not taking up the place?

Thanks Balletmum1972. I hope she has a lovely time. Do please let us know how the rehearsals go and if you hear more about the different dances! Good luck for hearing about Aylesbury. You've confused me though - is this same dd??

Yes it is Cathy - she has a place at Dartford for Swan Lake in March and she also auditioned for Aylesbury which is the summer holidays. Different times of year so in theory she could do both. Apparently Miss Lewis said normally a few don't take up their places and as she's first reserve she should have a chance of a place.

• 3 weeks later...

How did Charlie get on C4D? Thought I spotted her - was she wearing an Elmhurst Associates hoody?

A is a courtier and is doing the Spanish dance with "some girls" and 2 other boys - D and H who both did Coppelia. The older and taller 5 boys are split between Hungerian and Russian dances. We know a younger boy who is a nephew of the Tzar.

We know nothing about the girls' dances except there are SWANS!

• Like 3

Cathy, after a week of rehearsals at half term I now know a bit more: there are 27 courtiers of which dd is one. Seems most girls of her age seem to be courtiers but some are also doing the Spanish dance. The youngest children are nieces/nephews. Dd has 3 dances - two in in Act 1 and one in Act 3. The Polonnaise is her favourite! It's all going really well and dd is loving it. She's also now got a place to do Sleeping Beauty in Aylesbury so very happy!

Cathy, after a week of rehearsals at half term I now know a bit more: there are 27 courtiers of which dd is one. Seems most girls of her age seem to be courtiers but some are also doing the Spanish dance. The youngest children are nieces/nephews. Dd has 3 dances - two in in Act 1 and one in Act 3. The Polonnaise is her favourite! It's all going really well and dd is loving it. She's also now got a place to do Sleeping Beauty in Aylesbury so very happy!

Thank you so much for posting Balletmum1972 :) That's really interesting to hear. Well done to your dd for getting her Sleeping Beauty place as well - lovely that she has that to look forward to when Swan Lake is over. So do you know which music she is dancing her 3 dances to then? We have been playing the Spanish dance music non stop in this house since tuesday, but of course we have no idea what music they will use for his courtier dances...

So pleased for Charlie C4D, well done on being a cygnet :) really looking forward to it now....

• Like 1