EYB Swan Lake

amum/Cathy

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Many years ago when my dd first did EYB (she was 8 and is now 19) she came out of the casting day convinced she was a night OWL! Of course she was a night HOUR but it still gives us a chuckle when we remember it as she had visions of feathers and was so happy when she found out she would actually be in a 'real tutu'!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I've just been watching a video clip which was posted on youtube by EYB Don't know if it's ok to post the link here so have edited to take it out in case its not allowed, but you can find it on the EYB facebook page. All looks very exciting.

Best wishes to all those who are performing in Dartford this weekend - please let us know how it goes.

I'm sure all the Newcastle cast are getting excited and looking forward to starting rehearsals now - my DD certainly is.

Edited by Pups_mum
  • Like 1

Hi rachaelballet12

What a lovely article and pics. Thanks for recommending I wasnt aware an article was going in there!! DD very excited about the rehearsals only a few weeks to go now!!

Ax

Edited by amber21

We saw the pre-theatre final run-through of the Dartford Swan Lake on Sunday. It was lovely, some really beautiful choreography and dancing and great to watch. They're rehearsing in the theatre for the first time tonight, good luck to everyone!

• Like 1

My daughter is the third Princess in Act 3 and not sure what her character is in Act I (Whoops!) Tsar's niece?? My son is one of the Tsar's nephews in Act 1 and one of the boys in the "tambourine dance" in Act 3. Your daughter may remember him as the one who was sick in rehearsal a few weeks ago....!

• 2 weeks later...

Ben is hoping that Channel 5 will film the "green courtiers" at the theatre Tuesday morning, to show on Channel 5 Tuesday evening sometime. Hope this comes off.

Ticket sales need a boost, as it is tricky getting people to come the first 2 days of the summer term - so come on and get your tickets to see this new EYB ballet!

• Like 2

any idea what the Channel 5 is for? are they doing a promotional on the EYB generally or just the Newcastle show as I thought they were national not local?

sounds interesting, i'm surprised they haven't gone for the pointe dancers/swans as they always look amazing on the TV I guess the courtiers are the younger ones, still any TV is great publicity and Ben must has worked hard to get them to come hopefully the tricky sales will be boosted :)

Just a quickie for those who are doing EYB in Newcastle check your emails as we have just received an email requesting info urgently which we have to take with us on Tuesday i think it is something to do with licenses, thought i would post on here as i know some people are away so hopefully word will get round :) x

Hi amum/cathy

i have had a further look on the paperwork sent that needs to be completed and they are asking how many performances etc, i wouldnt have thought that my DD would have needed a license she has only performed in her dance school show for 3 nights in a row last july prior to that it was EYB last march.....think i will email back to clarify it states at the bottom of the email that licences may have to be applied for ;)

No email for me either emlovestodance, and I've just checked my spam folder to be certain. I wonder if it depends on where you live or something? I know some local authorities are fussier about licences than others. I shall keep an eye out for any emails over the weekend though so thanks for the warning.

Hi everyone

Emailed EYB its the LEA who don't agree with EYB's policy !! they have said they will sort it and that DD will still be able to perform there will be no problems in that respect (phew) was panicking a little this morning !!! :blink: x

Edited to Add if anyone wants to know which LEA pm me x

Edited by emsloves2dance

Congrats to everyone involved in this week's performances. I think everyone will agree that the production was a fabulous success. My DD and I had a wonderful time and are just sorry it's all over now. Feeling a bit "flat" this morning now it's all finished, but looking forward to getting the dvd and being able to watch it all over again, this time with DD.

Well done to all the dancers - you were all great.

• Like 6