Plot for new ballet?

Today's Telegraph quotes an airline industry consultant talking about the current situation at Heathrow: "Customers and from the airline's point of view - manpower, dealing with the backlog of aircraft out of position, parking spaces for the aircraft - it's a challenge and a choreographic nightmare."

Now there's a good plot for a ballet!

Linda

• Like 3

6 hours ago, bridiem said:

Roger Federer must employ a truly divine choreographer. And Rafa Nadal too. Like watching Ashton vs MacMillan.

Federer, I grant you.  But Nadal?!

And I think Amelia was really after this oldie by Ismene Brown: http://www.theartsdesk.com/dance/gods-grace-when-sport-beautiful

(I only wish I'd saved it before the post-Olympics edit :( )

• Like 1

Agree BMC. As a teenager I used to think MacEnroe's serve was like dance in a way. Interesting to read others have also thought this.

Federer-what a loss to the dance world, he should have been a Siegfried.

• Like 5

Many years ago I was at an event at a BAe Systems site.  The Red Arrows were there while performing at the Southport Air Show down the road.  I had never realised that their taxi-ing on the runway was also choreographed.  It was fascinating to watch...

• Like 2

On ‎29‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 06:16, BMC said:

Tennis and ballet are two of my passions and Federer is where they meet, but sorry can't agree on Nadal being graceful. All that grunting and ugly double-handed backhand! 

I think he's like a panther and his power has a kind of grace. Besides which MacMillan is hardly beautiful at times!

• Like 1

Sorry, birdiem, we're going to have to agree to disagree on the Nadal question - but great champion of course. As you may have gathered, I have a bit of a blinkered approach to double-handed backhands - they seem to me to preclude grace by their very nature. So it will come as no surprise that my sleep, time favourites are Federer, Edberg and Justine Henin. Wandering off the balletic connection a bit, wonder what the upcoming Borg / McEnroe film will be like. I seem to remember the film Wimbledon bring a bit of a dud.

• Like 2

Quite agree about the double-handed backhand: it's no coincidence that most of my favourites are single-handers.  But this is getting very much off-topic: there's a tennis thread in Not Dance if we want to continue this.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/28/2017 at 18:30, loveclassics said:

Today's Telegraph quotes an airline industry consultant talking about the current situation at Heathrow: "Customers and from the airline's point of view - manpower, dealing with the backlog of aircraft out of position, parking spaces for the aircraft - it's a challenge and a choreographic nightmare."

Now there's a good plot for a ballet!

Linda

As much as I like your post, "a choreographic nightmare" doesn't sound to me very promising. Last night I saw 4 new ballets and two of them surely were "choreographic nightmares".

• Like 2