Tring Park Classical Ballet Academy audition

tropicmama

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tropicmama, were there any places on the Christmas Day of Dance? My DS is going and is teeny so don't worry about that! He went on the Boys Day of Dance last summer and not only was he the smallest but also the least experienced and couldn't even do half the stuff! The teachers couldn't have been more helpful and kind to him. He had a super time!

• Like 2

Flora11, I signed up my DD yesterday and it seemed to have gone through fine. A bit later I received the information so I am assuming there were still places (as of yesterday). I was so pleased as I left it so late and was worried there won't be any more places. Your reassuring words have made my DD very excited already :-)

• Like 2

It was unfortunately a no for my DD. However, as far as rejection letters go, it was quite a nice one. It says that her dancing was of good standard and that with further training she might be ready at the next opportunity and that they strongly recommend training hard and re-applying in May. If even mentioned key areas of focus. I've told DD and she paused and was quiet for a few seconds, then asked me if I wanted to play. That's her way is saying I'm a bit upset so please distract me. Bless her. I just hope this doesn't discourage her. She's quite resilient and will be back to her bouncy, enthusiastic self in a bit.

• Like 3

Aah, bad luck tropicmama. But as Bumbleballerina says, definitely let your little dancer try again. Tring obviously see potential in her and the fact that they suggest re-applying again is lovely. I know several people who have had a "no" at the first attempt but been successful next time.

One thing we often say here is that a "No" doesn't have to mean "never" - often it just means "not quite yet". :)

• Like 1

Thank you both, that's very encouraging. I thought my DD was fine, but I think it did affect her as I noticed there was a bit of tears tonight. In a way this is character building as this was her very first audition, and an introduction of how it's going to be if she continues to be this serious and committed to ballet.

• Like 1

It was unfortunately a no for my DD. However, as far as rejection letters go, it was quite a nice one. It says that her dancing was of good standard and that with further training she might be ready at the next opportunity and that they strongly recommend training hard and re-applying in May. If even mentioned key areas of focus. I've told DD and she paused and was quiet for a few seconds, then asked me if I wanted to play. That's her way is saying I'm a bit upset so please distract me. Bless her. I just hope this doesn't discourage her. She's quite resilient and will be back to her bouncy, enthusiastic self in a bit.

Great feedback so I hope she bounces back.  With the main intake to CBA in September from the May audition session it may also depend on spaces being available.  It's six months until the May audition so plenty of time to make progress and impress next time round.

• Like 1

Aww no, what a shame tropicmama. After all that waiting it must be a real disappointment. But it sounds as if your DD was very close so don't be too disheartened. Unfortunately "no" letters are very much part of the game - there will be very,very few DCs who don't get them at some point.

It's horrible having to see a young child upset, but it sounds like your little girl loves to dance, which is the most important thing in the long run. She will bounce back quickly I'm sure, and there will be plenty of opportunities to come in the future.

• Like 1

Thank you all for your kind words, she woke up this morning much perkier and there was no mention of the CBA audition.  Loved how my son who's 10, was quite careful to not mention it and be extra nice to his sister since last evening. 

junedancer, I do recall reading somewhere that there tends to be more spaces in one of the auditions but couldn't remember if it was the November or May one.

Pups_mum, I did remind my DD that "no's" are part and parcel of the world she loves and if she remains as passionate and committed to classical ballet as she is at the moment, she needs to take rejection as a prompt to improve and to not let them ruin her confidence.  I did see quite a few little ones during audition, but the majority looked much older than her so she has quite a bit of time yet to work on her dancing.  She's not even eligible for most other associate programmes, even for next year's round of auditions as she doesn't turn 8 until September.  Lots of time to train and work on the areas she needs to improve on :)

• Like 4