elmhurst documentary

tomuchtallent

Thank you so much for finding this! I thought it was lost forever in the archives of the BBC. I really enjoyed it when it was broadcast, especially as my elder DD had just started in Y7 and I was missing her dreadfully, it gave me a little window into her new life.

NL

• Like 4

I echo Nany Lily heartfelt thanks! We watched this avidly when it was on the tv as my daughter had just started on the year 4 PVP - now she is about to join the school we shall both watch it with renewed interest! Thanks so much!

Angela :)

• Like 3

I know that Becca went to Kate Simmons Dance School and Adam to ENBS. I think Michael's at Millennium and didn't Dominic go to Hammond. Don't know about Joseph - possibly still at Elmhurst! I'm sure someone will know :)

• Like 2

I have always really liked the look of the Elmhurst students,particularly the girls.They all have lovely long necks. This is how, for as long as i can remember,dancers and students, have looked. Don`t understand the Royal Ballet School, in recent years,with their preoccupation with students with shorter necks. Personally,i don`t think it looks as attractive.

Just watched the whole thing and thouroughly enjoyed it. Living quite close to Elmhust and knowing a few of the past and present pupils made it doubly interesting. Also know 3 of the teachers, 2 of them having taught my DD so even more interesting!!

• Like 1

It's got its good and bad points like any school, but all-in-all we've loved it and I'm really sad that our association with it is coming to an end (I know I could be a "friend" but it's really too far to just pop along for special events :( ). White Lodge was lovely too - we've been so lucky to have experienced both :)

• Like 4

I know that Becca went to Kate Simmons Dance School and Adam to ENBS. I think Michael's at Millennium and didn't Dominic go to Hammond. Don't know about Joseph - possibly still at Elmhurst! I'm sure someone will know :)

If Joseph the youngest one, then I believe he is joining Whitelodge for yr 10?? I could have misunderstood DD and it's another boy in his year. We watched this first time round just before DD started in yr 7, look forward to watching it again to see how it seems now we know a tiny bit more!! ;)

And meant to say - didn't those sixth form girls make a lovely corps de ballet as the Willis from Giselle. I thought that when I saw them live - but watching that clip gave me goosepimples.

Thanks Bankruptmum - I knew someone would know.

And Jellybeans - no, the turnover really isn't that high, but quite a variety of reasons why these particular children didn't stay 2+ years on: Becca because of the rehab course she wanted; Adam changed for sixth form; Michael as we heard in the programme went to a performing arts college; Joseph off to WL; and Dominic we knew from the start of the programme was having difficulty with funding so had to leave but happily is now at Hammond.

It gives an interesting insight into the fact that there are many different reasons why someone might leave, but the majority of students get a place in year 7 (or after) and stay until year 11 and some onto sixth form.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

If Joseph the youngest one, then I believe he is joining Whitelodge for yr 10?? I could have misunderstood DD and it's another boy in his year. We watched this first time round just before DD started in yr 7, look forward to watching it again to see how it seems now we know a tiny bit more!! ;)

you could be correct in that assumption 'wildflowers' .... my DD is currently @ WL .... we recently had our Summer Fair ... I mentioned to one of the other mums that on 'seeing Joseph' saying I am sure that was the lad in the Elmhurst Doc. then penny drops now :) did wonder how come he was there ... did wonder if he was a brother/fiend of a current student ...... small world :lol:

Edited by hoobydigger
  • Like 2