RAD Vocational Exam - waiting for results

dancing10

I know it's not a vocational exam.....but wanted to share how proud I am that rugby playing son got a merit for his first ballet exam - RAD Grade 2....& even more proud that he intends to carry on & seems able to shrug off any of the usual teasing from other boys/adults about boys doing ballet!! :)

• Like 8

Well done Peanut68's rugby playing Ds. Both my Ds's and Dd played rugby and did ballet. At 15, Ds's rugby mates all went to watch him in Matthew Bournes Lord of the Flies ! He has done GCSE dance, doing A level dance and is an RBS SA and has had amazing support from them. Times are changing ????

• Like 3

I know it's not a vocational exam.....but wanted to share how proud I am that rugby playing son got a merit for his first ballet exam - RAD Grade 2....& even more proud that he intends to carry on & seems able to shrug off any of the usual teasing from other boys/adults about boys doing ballet!! :)

Well done him, and I expect his rugby coach is impressed with his core strength, stamina, high jump and the ability to turn on a sixpence too (without realising where it's coming from) ;)

It definitely shows....also in his discipline & ability to take criticism! The strictness & demands of a rugby coach don't come anywhere close to that of our legendary ballet teacher!!

Thank you Cotes du Rhone & Taxi!

Edited by Peanut68
  • Like 4

My teacher didn't have our certificates but she told us what grade we got for our exam today- that was adv1 at the beginning of December so hopefully people will find out soon!!

delighted to have got a merit!! The other girl from my school who took it with me also got this as we know its a really hard exam, and ours didn't go too well so we're pleased :)

How did you get on little ballerina :) x