Booking opened this morning at 9 am. There was a brief wait and then I was in and out in a few minutes. Astonishingly there were stalls circle standing tickets - good ones too. some of them - available for all the dates I wanted to book. It hasn't been this good in years, so thank you to all involved. Fingers crossed that all previous glitches have been resolved once and for all.

I forgot!

Incidentally, when checking booking dates this morning I came upon this statement on the ROH website:

8 December - Booking opens for Friends, Young Friends and Senior Friends for all ballet performances and events.

Who are these Senior Friends? Can I be one? Do they have privileges or a reduced subscription?

Incidentally, when checking booking dates this morning I came upon this statement on the ROH website:

8 December - Booking opens for Friends, Young Friends and Senior Friends for all ballet performances and events.

Who are these Senior Friends? Can I be one? Do they have privileges or a reduced subscription?

If they do, please let me know!

• 1 month later...

Well, I must say that this morning's gleanings were pathetic: two tickets for Winter's Tale, and not even first cast :( - hardly anything else in my price range.  Guess I shall be getting a lot of day seats ...

Oh, and whose idea was it to give all the WT matinees to the same cast, more or less?  Not helpful to people travelling from afar.

Made my purchases yesterday and eventually chose to forgo ballet entirely for the spring season, despite being tempted by the all student date for Frankenstein (stalls for £20!). Unfortunately, I'm the sort that vastly prefers McGregor to Wheeldon so I can't envisage myself booking for the summer's triple bill either. Looks like my RB ballet season will sadly end after Giselle, although it will mean funds for Bolshoi tickets!

• Like 1