Royal Danish Ballet soloists and principals - Peacock Jan 2015

Just spotted this on the Sadler's web site

"Ten years since The Royal Danish Ballet’s last visit to Sadler’s Wells, principals and soloists from this internationally renowned company perform a program featuring excerpts from works by August Bournonville, the acclaimed 19th century Royal Danish Ballet choreographer and ballet master who created more than fifty works for the company."

http://www.sadlerswells.com/whats-on/2015/the-royal-danish-ballet/

good news....

• Like 2

Assuming this is the same group which will appear at the Joyce Theatre in New York later in January, it isn't an official RDB thing - it's one of those tours put together by the dancers themselves, and from the Joyce publicity material it looks as if this one is  organised by Ulrik Birkkjaer, and that Gudrun Bojesen will also be dancing (in New York at least).

I wouldn't put money on Lendorf appearing in London, nice though that would be - he could well not want to switch from Petipa to Bournonville and back in such a few days. (Pure speculation - I have no inside information!)

I've just gone on to the Sadler's Wells site to look at the ticket availability for these performances and got the following message: "Unfortunately this performance is not available for purchase"

That is odd as I have bought a ticket to two different performances.  

Janet, I understand that they deliberately opened booking for this show ahead of the November 10th date for the next booking period because the RDB people didn't want to leave it too late to get the tickets sold and specifically asked for booking to open early.  I asked when I called last week to book (I usually use the website, but it keeps having trouble processing payments by Amex - has been happening for the last two or three weeks and they are trying to fix it).  It seems to be possible to buy tickets online again today.

I was told by the Box Office that the 20% members discount does not apply to this particular production.

Really?  I got it ... but am going to stay quiet about it on this occasion as the money has already been paid. 

Perhaps, they've just figured out that it is an independent rental .... far from the Spalding dreams of making London 'a world mecca for dance'.  

Edited by Bruce Wall

I got my 20% discount - or are you saying there's nothing left on this current booking period that you wanted?

Alison, there are loads of things I would like to see at Sadler's Wells but the logistics of travel and overnight stays preclude so many.  I wish Sadler's Wells would relocate to Liverpool or even the Lowry and then I could immerse myself in their wonderful offerings!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...