Audition fees

Lifeafterballet

16 hours ago, cotes du rhone ! said:

ENBS is £45 with no guarantee of a preliminary audition ! There are 7 dates for international students and 1 in London. Am I reading this right ? 

You probably are reading it right, one might even think that they aren't all that interested in UK applicants...

• Like 6

It does give this impression doesn't it? Can understand a DVD application for overseas applicants, but to ask that everyone sends one in just to hopefully get a preliminary Audition seems crazy. As far as I know RBS don't ask for a DVD application only from international applicants? 

• Like 4

Some years ago Rambert School tried to ask for DVDs with initial applications, but there was such an outcry it was dropped.

Perhaps it is that there is such an overwhelming number of applicants the schools are just trying to make it more manageable.  To be honest, I would rather be eliminated by a DVD rather than having to spend extra money on travel and hotel costs if there were no chance of finals.

• Like 3

I agree Pictures - this is potentially discriminatory. 

I have no problem with being eliminated prior to preliminary auditions  (as PDQ says is very economic for parents) but I would think the standard photos enable quite a lot to be excluded  on physique alone.

Was dithering about whether to apply and this has made the decision for me!!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, sarahw said:

Not another one ! 😉

The whole ENBS process is incredibly expensive as they also require you to have a medical just prior to Finals which cost me about £200 pounds last year as I recall. (Our NHS GP does not believe in doing things on the NHS if he can avoid it).  

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Flora said:

I guess the need for an audition video will be fine for most international candidates as they will have one anyway. As usual hard on the GCSE candidates who may lack both the time and the resources...

Also candidates already at Lower Schools don't have access to a Studio especially if they need a parent to film. 

18 hours ago, Flora said:

The whole ENBS process is incredibly expensive as they also require you to have a medical just prior to Finals which cost me about £200 pounds last year as I recall. (Our NHS GP does not believe in doing things on the NHS if he can avoid it).  

Welcome to my world, No NHS so no free GP visits. Every single visit is chargeable. My DD had not seen a GP since 2011 and that was just for vaccinations. Recently we found out that one school required a medical before the audition. Obviously without seeing a GP for so long, DD needed to see the family GP just to prove she was fit and healthy. Which she was, ££££ later, to tell me something I already knew. At least he laughed (prior to charging me) as he had never seen a teenager that was so fit and healthy!. ;) PS We made sure we got our monies worth. 

• Like 2