A silly question

Zacharovitti

Hy everyone,

since I found this forum a year and a half ago, I have been reading the threads more and more, as I love to follow your DCs journey and I think that the mutual support given by this lovely community is unique.

Even if I read it mostly at night and after finishing my mother/wife/housewife's duties, my husband and my elder son bother me saying that they are fed up with me being ALL THE TIME on my laptop, thinking ONLY of ballet, speaking ONLY of ballet and so on......!!!

How do you ladies (and rare gentlemen) cope with it? Or it's only me???? :D:wacko:

• Like 9

My family is remarkably tolerant - especially darling hubby.  I suppose they have come to understand that I wouldn't be me without my beloved ballet.  It's been my life since I was a very little girl, so not much they can do to change anything now!  Anyway, my husband and I met because we ended up with the same landlady, when he was a student and I was Good Fairy in panto!  So I suppose he can't complain - he sort of knew what he was letting himself in for!   Surprisingly enough my sons were always rather proud of the fact that I was different from all the other "normal" mums at school.........

• Like 2

:D This made me laugh, I have become addicted to youtube as well as this forum! Comparing all the different styles of ballet and seeing some of the more famous ballet dancers- I would love to watch more live ballet but it is difficulty because of cost and distance.

We all need a passion in our lives- tell him that!  :)

• Like 3

Oh my goodness, ever since last year when my dd teacher suggested she try for the Royal Ballet SS and I found this place I have been coming back! When we did the Y8 audition this year I started reading nearly daily and it has been great to see the many successes on this board. I love watching the journeys and it has become a little addiction. Struggling at the moment to provide opportunities for my DD but the distance for some is just too much and I feel guilty! I find this is a great place for information and comfort knowing I am not alone on this path to help my DD!!

• Like 3

Same for me, but wait until he starts to count every Euros spent in the summer stages as happened to me! :o;) BTW...I found this forum extremely useful for the ballet, it's very difficult to find people with the same problems or experience to share.

• Like 3

There's a really warm supportive atmosphere on this board - it almost feels like an internet family!  When you post you know that people are going to respond in the way you would want them to - no nasty undercurrents.  I am so pleased a friend told me about it when she did - I love it!  

• Like 6

I get periods of addiction and then my partner hides the iPad ......till at least the washing up is done.....he does most of the cooking!!

Mind you he has periods addicted to eBay but it's difficult to hide the main Big Mac computer!!

• Like 5