RBS Junior Associate (JA) Questions

Alfred71

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No for us too. Hugely disappointed dd, but she'll be ok once she's over the shock. She did get into NYB this season, so I am hoping that will soften the blow.

Good luck everyone still waiting, and hugs to you and dd, MAK.

No for us too. Hugely disappointed dd, but she'll be ok once she's over the shock. She did get into NYB this season, so I am hoping that will soften the blow.

Good luck everyone still waiting, and hugs to you and dd, MAK.

Thank you Noobag06 and to you and yours!! So few places and so much talent. There's always next year!

• Like 1

Didn't mean to post twice.

Just wanted to say to those with nos remember it's just a 'not now' not a 'never'. Ds auditioned last year and got straight no, this year swl. She has worked very hard in last 12 months and it has paid off. So keep going!

Ps my 'like' quota must have been topped up as I am able to like again now??

• Like 3

I've just caught up on all this - some of the posts are so amusing. Sorry to hear the no but don't give up. R had a straight no least year ( and it was suggested too is not to bother again) so so glad e didn't listen.

PetalV - we auditioned for London at Eastleigh. Got offered Eastleigh place or swl at London... No Brainer lol

So we will be starting in Sept at Eastleigh.

I have no clue what happens next, what she'll need etc. She was so excited when I Skyped her to give the news.

It still hasn't really sunk in!

• Like 1

Really sorry to hear this Alfred71 - I was hoping it was going to be better news for those who hadn't heard earlier today, not least because you deserve better after the torturous wait!

• Like 1

So sorry, Purple and Alfred. Hugs to you both, and your dc's.

Definitely in good company, Purple.

Hope the ice cream did the trick. Chocolate was the chosen cheerer upper here :-).

And congrats on your Advanced status, Alfred (bows low, with flourish).

• Like 1

And it's ELBOWS IN AND HEAD DOWN DD ITS THE CHUTE.

Ok for others who haven't bothered reading previous ramblings it was a No but a very nice try again. Well done us lot for getting through. DD was just fab and took it on the chin plus we can now start properly getting excited for Tring and YDA so all in all feel pretty lucky and grateful to have those opportunities.

And thanks to this forum I've had a jolly good laugh today, why lovely camaraderie and we wouldn't even have known about any of the other associate schemes if it wasn't for Balletco so this really is an amazing forum and I'm so pleased I found it.

Now for a drinkie poo

• Like 7

Absolutely! It's the Balletco breakfast club sort of! Ours were all trying for Year 4? I guess there's plenty of time and just like they say children are still developing and who knows where their journeys will lead? it's lovely just to get the chance to audition and that they have all found something they love and ballet is a beautiful thing to enjoy. Big thank you for today it's been such fun/stressful as hell but so much better than just pottering back from swimming and getting an email from nowhere that I was totally unprepared for. Balletco is like our secret weapon of insider info!

• Like 1

This is probably for another thread (and definitely for another day!) but interested to hear how your DD gets on at Tring and YDA Petalviolet - and anyone else taking up an Associate place elsewhere from September.