strapless bras for small-busted dancers

rainbowmagic

How old is she? 30 band is quite big for a teen, I'm only 32. And if she's a true A cup then I wouldn't have thought she needed a bra at all underneath a leotard.

Does she measure 30 inches around the ribcage with the tape measure pulled quite tight or did you add inches to the measurement. Or was she fitted at somewhere like M & S? They add 4 inches to the band size which means that most people who they say are 30 A are really 26 C/D

Which doesn't make your life any easier as that size is very hard to find.

She doesn't need one for all her leotards - however, she currently has a very pale tutu with a leotard which is quite see through, so like most 12/13 year olds she is very self-conscious when wearing it (you can see a lot through it).

She measures up as 28.5A but wears a very soft 30A bra which she finds very comfortable. I need to try to find her one before the weekend so will keep looking.

With my youngest recently we searched all over the place for a multiway bra that would fit her. We found that she needed a larger size for the strapless/multiway bras than for her normal everyday ones. It was very much trial and error with trying them on. Primark came up very small and so did M&S My other DD used to just wear one of the dance bras from somewhere like dance direct under hers. Another option, used by some of the dancers at DDs studio, is to use one of the bras she normally wears, remove the straps and sew it into the leotard itself. Good luck

Edited by 2dancersmum

Depends how low the back of the leotard is though as even a strapless bra could show. If she doesn't actually need the bra for support, but only because it's see through, could you not sew a shelf lining into the leotard. I've done this before. Cut one out of a leotard which no longer worn (obviously in your case it would have to be a pale colour though) & sewn in to another.

Primark have a nude multiway which has clear back and straps and is about £5  my DD is a 30b cup and the 32b fit fine.  I always size up one back size with clear backed bras as they don't have as much give in them as normal ones.

Primark are extremely good for bra's in general for teens, especially as they are still growing.