Elmhurst junior summer school

Karen

Is anyone else's dc going on Wednesday? Dd is travelling with a friend so we won't be there at drop off, but it would be great to meet some ballet.coers on Friday at the performance. Dd is excited and is looking forward to it hugely! It's a new venture so hope it will be good!

• Like 1

Hi, I should be at drop off and pick up (unless just dh does it). It is 11am for drop off isn't it? For some reason I had in my head 9.30am, not sure where I got that from! Dd is very nervous as she hasn't done anything like this before.

hi, yep its my dd first time t something like this too as well excited but nervous, they will love it and make lots of new pals, i'm sure

Same here. I talked to someone thinking it was you, Pas de Chat ! It was the little 2 years old DS who did it... ​ Lovely lady but obviously not you!  :)Better luck next time I hope!!!

• Like 1

Same here. I talked to someone thinking it was you, Pas de Chat ! It was the little 2 years old DS who did it... ​ Lovely lady but obviously not you!  :)Better luck next time I hope!!!

Sorry meant to quote it.  DD is in 30 she was very excited. It is such an impressive set up.  Did your dd get a t-shirt.  They seemed to be very small!

My dd is in 22 in Park. The drop off went very smoothly, she'd gone from being nervous yesterday to very excited by this morning, hopefully she'll have a lovely time, haven't heard from her yet. The hoodies were really small don't think they match the measurements given on the website!

DD is in Mortimer which is usually a boys dorm.  Our HM said the girls dorms were much better but I was still impressed compared to another vocational school where they put 7 in a room.  At least they may get some sleep! ho ho  I won't hear from her as she didn't want to take her phone so very pleased it is good.

DD2 was in Mortimer for the Senior SS and I thought her room was slightly nicer than the one in Park. Same setting but lighter... Definitely better than the one you are mentioning with 7 beds a room... DD2 got ill while she was at the Senior SS in Elmhurst and the house parent was absolutely fantastic!

Just had a text from dd to say they're watching Coppelia tonight. Have no idea what else she has done but it sounds as if she's enjoying herself.

Thanks you letting me know, you half want to be a fly on the wall to see what fun they are having!  We spoke to one of the boys teachers and he said they have a lot planned for them and he said they will learn a lot in a very short space of time.  Looking forwards to Friday when she will no doubt ask the question about auditioning!

Dd tells me there are groups A -F and she has no idea how they were allocated. She has done a ballet class which Robert Parker watched and then learned the hours dance from Coppelia. She has taken a pic of her timetable which I have asked her to mail, so may understand a bit more when I see it! All good so far!!