Dinner at ROH

I always feel it would be rather spoilt by so many people walking through to reach the opposite side of the theatre.

Also, the interval courses might feel somewhat rushed.

However, I have never tasted the food served there.

I have eaten in the Crush Room once and remember it being a very pleasant experience, but worth noting that all food served is cold. I don’t particularly remember feeling overlooked by people walking through from/to their seats but I do feel that when walking through after the interval while people are still seated. 
For privacy, I think the balcony of the Paul Hamlyn is probably a much better bet.

• Thanks 1

I ate in the Crush Room once, as someone's guest.  The food is all cold as they don't have proper kitchen, but it was very good (and no doubt very expensive but I didn't see the menu!).  I think we ate in peace and people only start tramping through when the bells go.  However, this was about 10 years ago so I can't comment on what it's like now.

• Thanks 1

I think it must have been changed along with the big renovation as it’s very much a hot menu -,well main courses certainly are ((I can’t imagine a side of potato purée works as a cold dish??!!) Pre-order only & quite a small menu 

It’s booking to theatre ticket holders only & don’t think you can walk through it? But only ever looked from afar! 
Anyone been in last year or two? 

I struggled with the noise that just echoed up from Paul Hamlyn Hall below when in the balcony restaurant the one time I was lucky enough to eat there…

Can people really just wander through the Crush Room? Wondering if this has changed over the years….Im sure when I once tried I was stopped  ….🤷🏻‍♀️
Maybe they didn’t like the look of me 😂

Edited by Peanut68

In theory anyone can walk through but not many people do...

I once ate there for a special occasion and at the next table was an amazing gathering of RB people which made it great value!

It was all cold.

I would email them to ask about hot and cold...

I have also once eaten on the Balcony  (far off halcyon days!) and it was great fun for people watching...

In either case it is also important to think about where your seat is if you're enjoying the interval service...or it could all be a great rush which would counterbalance the stylishness a bit.

Both of course are very very expensive (and well beyond me nowadays. )

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Peanut68 said:

Can people really just wander through the Crush Room?

I do so frequently because access to and egress from the right hand side of the upper tiers is so inadequate and slow. This might be why they don't try to block it off - presumably it's in the calculations for how many people can be evacuated.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Peanut68 said:

Can people really just wander through the Crush Room? Wondering if this has changed over the years….Im sure when I once tried I was stopped  ….🤷🏻‍♀️
Maybe they didn’t like the look of me 😂

yes, they can, and I do so most performances I'm at, as I'm usually Stalls Circle right

If you were blocked, it may have been because they were having a private reception in it (more often happens in the bar area adjacent to the crush room itself - the conservatory) especially if it was on a prmiere performance night

• Like 2