Royal Ballet - Imminent Personnel Changes

I've just spotted it on DanceTabs too, Iain, and wish them all the best in their new careers.  I shall be very sad to see Mara go - what with pregnancy, we've seen so little of her in recent seasons.  And with Rojo already gone, the company's ranks of MacMillan ballerinas seem to be starting to get a little thin.

I will miss Mara Galeazzi, I've always been impressed by her dancing and agree with Alison, she is a leading Macmillan ballerina and will be a hard act to follow. Her Juliet, Anastasia,Mary Vetsera and many other roles were all very special and intense. Her Firebird was superb too. I wish her all the best of luck and happiness in her future.

I too will miss her loads. One of the RB's best ever MacMillan interpreters. Her partnership with Ed Watson in  the MacMillan ballets gave me some of the most memorable times I've ever had in the ROH.  Her Juliet  was one of  the most emotional and dramatic I've ever seen and reduced me to tears each time I saw her. Ditto her Mary Vetsera.

I wish her love and happiness in her new life.

I realise that Mara's last performance in this country is scheduled to be the big-screen broadcast of Mayerling on 13th June (I wondered why I didn't have a ticket for it).  At least this will give people around the country a greater opportunity to catch her before she goes.  I'm just wondering whether I can filch a day standing for the last act ...