Tomas Mock

Just been looking back with a friend at some graduates from Elmhurst and RBS over the last couple of years and we're curious about 2011 RBS graduate Tomas Mock (in that we knew virtually nothing about him other than he got into RB). Does anyone know where he trained before RBS Upper School? And is he still in the company?

Just curious :-)

I have to admit that I was totally unaware of his existence until I spotted his name in the cast sheet during Rite of Spring, I think it was, the summer before last.  I don't remember anyone mentioning him prior to that.  So I'm afraid I can't be of any help.

Oh, and isn't St. Nick one of those roles that they give the newest boy in the company, along with cleaning up behind the pony in La Fille Mal Gardée?  But come to think of it, we had Fille last season, and I don't remember seeing him - I saw Aaron Smith on a few occasions, though.

I've seen a few up "new boys" in that role in my time.

Does the ROH website have bios of their dancers? Will look later, but I don't remember seeing them. I'm even more curious now about where he trained pre-RBS

He has been doing an awful lot more than St Nicholas recently - alongside a number of the other more recent recruits, he has been very busy as one of the Village Boys in Onegin and again in the party and ballroom scenes. I'm pretty sure I spotted him a number of times during Requiem too.

If I remember correctly he had some time off last year through injury but is actually not new to the Company although he has been a lot more visible recently so it would be easy to make that assumption.

• Like 1

I've seen a few up "new boys" in that role in my time.

Does the ROH website have bios of their dancers? Will look later, but I don't remember seeing them. I'm even more curious now about where he trained pre-RBS

I've asked both the ROH and ENB if we can have bios of ALL dancers on their websites - including Corps/Artists. They always say "This is something we're working on for the future".

Mind you, it'll probably happen when Disabled/Access Members can either book online or have a dedicated phone number at the ROH - i.e. never......

Oh, is that why all the wheelchair spaces were showing up as "sold out online" on the first day of public booking?  I just assumed there'd been a great demand for them.

And I thought the Access people always did have a separate phone number.  Obviously that's changed.