Associate or advanced ballet teaching sixteen plus

Autumn

My daughter is in a bit of a quandary. She loves ballet and is part of the Northern ballet associates. She is in year 11 so age fifteen. Lots of her peers are auditioning for dance schools but my daughter would like to complete her A levels. She wants to continue her ballet training at an advanced level with the idea of training at eighteen. 

Unfortunately, we can't afford to board and complete A levels at the same time. 

Are there any associate programmes for post sixteen years or places where my DD can train or have lessons? 

We are in the Derbyshire area and we are happy to travel an hour plus for the right training. 

Please could you let me know if there is anything in the area or opportunities. 

Thank you in advance of any ideas. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 05/12/2023 at 07:22, Pixiewoo said:

My DD attended Renaissance Arts Scholars on alternate Sunday afternoons in Leeds, as well as dancing with her home dance school. 

She then went to do a musical theatre degree at 18.

Thank you. 

I'll look into this option. I really appreciate any ideas and suggestions. 

• Like 1

Have you thought of a weekly private lesson? For a couple of hours?

Some of the RBS associate teachers do private lessons if you can find a contact for them. Maybe from the Manchester center or Birmingham?

Sorry, my geography is not great. Maybe someone from Northern could suggest someone fabulous?

• 3 months later...