Guest oncnp

1 hour ago, Sim said:

But then they would lose a lot of money from the sale of alcohol and food!!

I was thinking of what would be helpful for audience members, at least those of us travelling from outside London, rather than what would maximise the ROH's revenue, which is evidently their priority!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dawnstar said:

I was thinking of what would be helpful for audience members, at least those of us travelling from outside London, rather than what would maximise the ROH's revenue, which is evidently their priority!

Exactly….

• Like 1

Details are, at last, on the ROH website:

https://static.roh.org.uk/digital/cast-sheets/Carlos-at-50/Carlos-at-50-cast-sheet-all-performances.pdf?_ga=2.70250448.1742494446.1690371212-1332193509.1615112770

Edited to add that, according to the website, it's the same cast for all performances.  A pity we won't get to see Brandon Lawrence's Apollo.

Edited by Bluebird
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Looks like it is Apollo in full, which I'm pleased about, not having seen it before. Swan Lake, Corsaire & Manon are all to my taste but I'm not so sure about the rest, especially End of Time and Dying Swans, which were two of my least favourites when I saw BRB2 performing in May! Does anyone know if Enrique Corrales is any relation to Cesar?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dawnstar said:

Looks like it is Apollo in full, which I'm pleased about, not having seen it before. 

I'm not sure it's 'in full' as there's no mention of the Handmaidens and Leto.  It's possible they'll still appear but I think it unlikely.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Bluebird said:

I'm not sure it's 'in full' as there's no mention of the Handmaidens and Leto.  It's possible they'll still appear but I think it unlikely.

Ah, I didn't realise there were other characters. As I say, I've never seen the piece & as the production photos I saw from the RB & BRB performances in the last couple of years only showed Apollo & the three women I had assumed they were the only characters. That's disappointing that it might not be in full after all.

Oh well, if it's the same cast throughout perhaps I don't need to go to 3 performances after all ...

Apollo is usually shown either in the full-length version or shorn of its "head" and "tail" - the ascent to Mount Olympus, I presume.  Unless it's another version which simply omits the birth scene?  And yes, Bluebird, I am - as people may already have guessed - very sorry not to be able to see Brandon Lawrence's Apollo again :(

• Like 1

An interesting choice, reflecting the variety of Carlos' professional life as well as some of its high points.  I wish his Carmen had been left out, though.  Hopefully it will be a short clip....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sim said:

I wish his Carmen had been left out, though.  Hopefully it will be a short clip....

It does just say: Carmen Suite [excerpts: Tavern Scene, Pas de Deux] so thankfully not the whole thing! 

49 minutes ago, EVWS said:

It does just say: Carmen Suite [excerpts: Tavern Scene, Pas de Deux] so thankfully not the whole thing! 

Yes I know....but even that is too much for me!  Although I am assured the AD dancers bring it more to life than the poor RB ones could!

So as to avoid confusion, now that the performances are beginning could all further comments please be posted on the Carlos at 50 thread in the Performances Seen area.  

I am now locking this thread to ensure all further discussion happens on the other one.  

Many thanks.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Sim locked this topic