RBS Annual Show at the ROH 16/7/23

21 minutes ago, Sim said:

wish we could see more Bournonville in the UK.

You can have a Bournonville binge here: 

https://www.facebook.com/bournonvilleworkshop/

And this is lovely.

https://youtu.be/xqW7Ou0hwM4

Anyhow, back to the RBS show.  It's good they got to learn some of the style. (There is much in common with Cecchetti in reality, but that's another topic.)

Edited by Ondine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 21/07/2023 at 09:27, Bluebird said:

This post reminded me of another Lilac Garden performance from that particular graduate year, 2010.  This one took place in the Linbury and also featured William Bracewell, this time with Imogen Chapman as his partner.  I remember finding her performance extremely moving and have, since, followed her career with interest.  On graduation she joined the Australian Ballet, where she is now a Senior Artist (the equivalent of a First Soloist). I'm delighted to note that, in the forthcoming ROH performances of Jewels,  she is cast in Emeralds (second couple) on August 3, 4 and 5 (matinée) performances.

I'm quoting myself so as to correct an inaccuracy.  Until I read Sophoife's recent post, detailing the career paths of members of the Australian Ballet, I had completely forgotten that Imogen Chapman had spent a short time at Scottish Ballet before joining the Australian Ballet.  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

3 hours ago, JohnS said:

Very pleased to get the Royal Ballet School’s email this afternoon with a link to a film of the Annual Performance. It’s available for the whole of August.

I deleted my previous post because I was hopeful that a second email from the RBS would 'deliver' but both contain only the latest edition of ENCORE.

Perhaps one has to be a Member now, as distinct from a Friend, in order to be sent the link?

26 minutes ago, capybara said:

I deleted my previous post because I was hopeful that a second email from the RBS would 'deliver' but both contain only the latest edition of ENCORE.

Perhaps one has to be a Member now, as distinct from a Friend, in order to be sent the link?

I'm a 'mere' Friend and I received the link.  It actually appeared as a message from Christopher Powney.  Could it have gone into your junk mail?  If not, it might be worth contacting the Friends of the RBS and asking them to send you the link.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnS said:

Like @Bluebird I’m a Friend and received the link. I’ve still to find out what membership involves.

Membership provides access to links to watch class and rehearsals etc. and additional 'in person' events.

I did start to enrol but then found that the only way of doing so was to set up another direct debit for the RBS immediately. I think that they might have missed a trick in not providing an opportunity for a 'taster' subscription as a first step.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...