Birmingham Hippodrome, any tips or advice?

@Aruna S indeed, I'm not aware of that many (if there are any?) regular trains between Stansted and Birmingham anyway so you'll likely need to go into London one way or the other, unless you can get a coach from Stansted to Birmingham directly (which actually may be quicker if it cuts the in/out London part on the train, and will certainly be cheaper!) 

I hope you enjoy the show and am very impressed you are coming all the way from Italy for it! 

It’s not a route I travel as I live “up north”.

Liverpool and Manchester airports are probably as close to Birmingham if they may be an option.  Trains to Birmingham run from both areas.

Birmingham is a great city to explore.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JNC said:

@Aruna S indeed, I'm not aware of that many (if there are any?) regular trains between Stansted and Birmingham anyway so you'll likely need to go into London one way or the other, unless you can get a coach from Stansted to Birmingham directly (which actually may be quicker if it cuts the in/out London part on the train, and will certainly be cheaper!)

There are direct trains between Stansted & Birmingham but they're at most once at hour and sometimes only once every 2 hours. They're also fairly slow and can be very busy as they're usually only 3 carriages. It will be quicker to go into London & get a fast train out of Euston to Birmingham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thank you, everyone, for the advice. Manchester looks like an excellent option.

I've booked Fille on the 27th and would be very happy to meet any other forum members who may be at the performance. 

7 hours ago, Dawnstar said:

There are direct trains between Stansted & Birmingham but they're at most once at hour and sometimes only once every 2 hours. They're also fairly slow and can be very busy as they're usually only 3 carriages. It will be quicker to go into London & get a fast train out of Euston to Birmingham.

It will also be a lot more expensive (and watch out for the far slower trains which run the same route at substantially lower cost!) - an off-peak return is pushing £70 (https://www.avantiwestcoast.co.uk/tickets-and-savings), whereas it's about half that via Chiltern Railways (which may admittedly only be 4/5 carriages).  You can advance-book a specific train at lower cost, but then you need to make very sure that you don't miss it.  Avanti tickets are generally valid for any viable route, so that includes Chiltern, but the reverse isn't true - normally.