Vocational training starting 2023

Adage21

21 minutes ago, sunrise81 said:

Yes they take the previous years p60 and it is recalculated each year, in the summer. 

Thank you 😊 

• Like 1

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone NOT been offered a funding audition for Tring? Just trying to work out why we were offered a place for son but no funding audition?  Is it because DC was not good considered good enough or because our finances are low so maybe we would not be able to contribute enough towards fees? 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, JaneDance1904 said:

Has anyone NOT been offered a funding audition for Tring? Just trying to work out why we were offered a place for son but no funding audition?  Is it because DC was not good considered good enough or because our finances are low so maybe we would not be able to contribute enough towards fees? 

My understanding is that they ask the most suitable for classical ballet students for the funding audition. There’s such a small amount of funding available it doesn’t mean your son isn’t good enough and they won’t know about your finances yet, so that shouldn’t matter. 
well done on your son receiving an offer at Tring, that’s a great achievement although frustrating with out funding.

• Thanks 1

Good luck to everyone attending finals this week! Has anyone on here travelled by public transport to White Lodge finals? How easy are taxi’s there and back? On a previous thread (maybe last year or the year before) there was mention of a shuttle bus. 

Edited by Adagio123

1 hour ago, Adagio123 said:

Good luck to everyone attending finals this week! Has anyone on here travelled by public transport to White Lodge finals? How easy are taxi’s there and back? On a previous thread (maybe last year or the year before) there was mention of a shuttle bus. 

The school use two taxi firms, and reception can organise a taxi back for you. In terms of getting there there is a taxi rank straight across from Richmond station - theres usually plenty available. 

10 minutes ago, Tiaramum said:

The school use two taxi firms, and reception can organise a taxi back for you. In terms of getting there there is a taxi rank straight across from Richmond station - theres usually plenty available. 

This is so helpful, thank you. I have been quietly panicking about this. There is a lot of back and forth (for parents)

There is a lot of back and forth - yes! Bear in mind that it can take a little while for a taxi to make its way out to WL after reception call it for you - you might have to wait 15/20 mins for it to arrive. 

If you know anyone else who is going then another parent might give you a lift back out to Richmond - we found people were extremely helpful in that respect. It's also a lovely walk if it's a nice day and you've got time to kill anyway - about 40 mins to Richmond or less to Sheen. 

12 minutes ago, AllAboutTheJourney said:

There is a lot of back and forth - yes! Bear in mind that it can take a little while for a taxi to make its way out to WL after reception call it for you - you might have to wait 15/20 mins for it to arrive. 

If you know anyone else who is going then another parent might give you a lift back out to Richmond - we found people were extremely helpful in that respect. It's also a lovely walk if it's a nice day and you've got time to kill anyway - about 40 mins to Richmond or less to Sheen. 

We have just received an email and the plans have changed and will now be all on 1 day due to the Elmhurst auditions. So i will be able to drop my DD off and leave for most of the day and return for pick up so not as much back and forth now 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Adagio123 said:

This is so helpful, thank you. I have been quietly panicking about this. There is a lot of back and forth (for parents)

Dont panic. If you have any questions shout out. Just enjoy the experience x

4 minutes ago, Thelittleswans said:

I will possibly be in this situation this time next year, awaiting results! Bit premature however I wonder, for instance, if you get offer from Elmhurst in the mean time how long is the window to respond? 

They said its 1 week to accept Elmhurst offer

On 03/03/2023 at 08:01, JaneDance1904 said:

Your son is ‘good enough’ otherwise he would not have been offered a place at Tring which is wonderful achievement.

Tring invite young dancers the chance to compete again for an award of an MDS/scholarship to those they deem as the most ‘gifted and talented’ selected from the finals. (Their classification not mine.)

Other schools offer MDS/scholarships at their the final auditions. 

Your income being low is not relevant to how an MDS works; the government set the sliding scale according to incomes and your contribution is dependent on this. 

Tring do have some bursaries available so it is worth contacting them to ask if they can offer any financial assistance.

Edited by NotadanceMa

10 minutes ago, RubyM said:

WL results are out! Quicker than expected.

Wow! That is very quick!

Is that for Y7? Are they out for both girls and boys? (Girls only had their audition on Friday, so that is incredibly fast, if so)

I'm really impressed at the quick turn around!

I hope those waiting have had the news they hoped for 🤞🏻

And for those who might be feeling disappointed; just remember that there is more than one path and things often work out just the way they are supposed to 😘

Edited by BalletBelle

1 minute ago, RubyM said:

What is the deadline for girls having to accept/decline WL? I'm sure I saw on an Instagram post that it is 23rd March. If so, it seems that the deadline is before Tring funding and Elmhurst results are out? 

It is 23rd March.

• Thanks 1