Vocational training starting 2023

Adage21

On 19/02/2023 at 21:16, RachH said:

Anyone keen to resurrect this thread a bit more as we get closer to finals? I’ve read back on last year’s one and it seemed like such a supportive and helpful group! My DD is applying for a year 7 place. 

Hi. Yes i would be interested in resurrecting this thread. Previous years have been very helpful. Things are slightly different this year in how the auditions are being carried out it seems 

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, RachH said:

That’s great to hear that other people are keen too! My 11 year old has finals coming up all in the same week - 8th and 9th at Elmhurst and 10th and 11th at WL. Anyone else in the same (fortunate) boat? 

Yes we are and Tring funding the following week. I am hoping it wont be an early start on 10th!

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Dancer20 said:

My DD has finals for a yr 10 place at RBS on Friday and Saturday this week, anyone else out there??

Good luck! I hear it was extremely tough to get to finals for year 10, what an amazing achievement already. 😀

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RachH said:

For those doing finals over two days - do they generally wear the same leotard for both days or different? I know it really makes no difference to the outcome, just wondered!

When my DD auditioned for Elmhurst she wore the same leotard over all the auditions and then on the callback day she wore a different one  xx 

Edited by Dancermom
  • Like 1

On 19/02/2023 at 21:16, RachH said:

Anyone keen to resurrect this thread a bit more as we get closer to finals? I’ve read back on last year’s one and it seemed like such a supportive and helpful group! My DD is applying for a year 7 place. 

I’d be keen on this, have DC doing Year 7 finals for WL.

On 23/02/2023 at 00:43, Dancermom said:

When my DD auditioned for Elmhurst she wore the same leotard over all the auditions and then on the callback day she wore a different one  xx 

Do you remember what they did on the callback day? Was it similar to the first day? I'm just hoping there's no surprises (like the Jazz mentioned above!).

@RubyM This was last year's Day 2 schedule, but the "contemporary" mentioned was definitely jazz.

9.00am – 11.00am

Ballet Class & Contemporary Class

11.00am – 11.15am

Students Change

10.45am – 11.15am

Refreshments in Foyer for Parents

11.15pm – 12.15pm

Tour with Parents

12.15pm – 12.45pm

SLT Presentation

14 minutes ago, RubyM said:

Do you remember what they did on the callback day? Was it similar to the first day? I'm just hoping there's no surprises (like the Jazz mentioned above!).

My DD is struggling to remember what happened on the callback day. There were 2 days and she thinks that the contemporary was on the first day. Then the callback day was a ballet class then a look around the school and physio. This was for entry into year 8 so may have been slightly different xx 

Thanks, that's interesting. We will just have to wait and see. They havent mentioned jazz or contemporary and it would seem a bit mean to give them just a few hours notice that there is a contemporary/jazz class so I'm hopeful that it will just be ballet this year. But who knows?! I'm certainly not going to suddenly get her to practice jazz or contemporary but it's good to know that something like that could get sprung on her at the last minute!

15 minutes ago, Dancemum19 said:

What's the call back for please?

Last year they did a cut after day 1 and so day 2 was a callback. It looks like they are doing it differently this year and everyone attends both days. I'd love to know how many are through to finals for Elmhurst this year.

Yes they take the previous years p60 and it is recalculated each year, in the summer.