Central finals

Sorrell72

Well done to all those who have had a phone call and a Yes, congratulations!  

We have not heard and not missed any calls so expecting the no email sadly.  

It is a brilliant school so well done to those who got through xx

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Skibidi said:

Does anyone know why central made phone calls? The hoards of us in the dark with no phone call are all feeling a bit crap! 

Sorry. I don’t know. I was surprised to receive a call and assumed everyone else would have one too. My dd heard via friends/ Snapchat etc ( maybe not a reliable source ) that they are making more calls on Monday. Yes- tricky situation…

1 hour ago, Skibidi said:

Does anyone know why central made phone calls? The hoards of us in the dark with no phone call are all feeling a bit crap! 

No idea why they made calls tbh. It was a quick call to offer a place and that was it. No asking whether you’d accept or not, just to expect an email next week. Hopefully more calls on Monday or emails. It’s so dreadful the waiting game but I do know of 3 girls who also got calls who won’t be accepting the place so fingers crossed more places will available very soon. Good luck with everything and hang in there! Xx

• Like 2

This must be so horrible for those who haven't received calls.  Don't assume that it means no...maybe they just didn't get through all the list on Saturday.  I suspect Central have done this to give themselves an edge..to get their offers in before other offers land.  There's also something nice about the personal touch of a phone call I guess, and they want to do everything they can to get the candidates they want ahead of other schools.  

• Like 3

No vested interest but I do really feel for all the Central Associates who were at classes all day on Saturday and did/could not receive phone calls, only to find out later that other Finalists had heard. Even though they may well get good news tomorrow it's a shame the news couldn't have gone out at the same time. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MAK said:

No vested interest but I do really feel for all the Central Associates who were at classes all day on Saturday and did/could not receive phone calls, only to find out later that other Finalists had heard. Even though they may well get good news tomorrow it's a shame the news couldn't have gone out at the same time. 

How do you know they didn’t?

7 minutes ago, Bolshoi said:

How do you know they didn’t?

Sorry I should have phrased that differently as my use of the word "all" is inaccurate. Apologies. Can't edit my original post but i hope everyone hears soon. 

12 minutes ago, ballet_mum_on_the_run said:

I haven’t heard of any. Dd has a few friends waiting to hear & they have heard nothing as yet

Still waiting, here. DW's phone was offline for a good while on Saturday morning: so we're hoping it's that... both her and DD are assuming the worst (though I've told them not to).

We have not had a call and I don’t know anyone that has. My DD is an associate she was at Central on Saturday and no one mentioned phone calls so still waiting for an email. Good luck everyone.

Well done to your daughter and her friends that is lovely news they can all go together.  Did they call today or did you hear on Saturday (sorry to ask this, just checking if there is still any hope for a positive call x) 

4 hours ago, AMP said:

Well done to your daughter and her friends that is lovely news they can all go together.  Did they call today or did you hear on Saturday (sorry to ask this, just checking if there is still any hope for a positive call x) 

DW sent an email asking: apparently, they tried both her and DD on Saturday: DD was in an audition, in a studio with no reception and DW had run out of battery. The upshot is she's had an offer of a place.

We're a happy household: one result pending and still two auditions to go...

It sounds like they gave it one try on Saturday & Emails will go out tomorrow.

Good luck all!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, KindleK said:

Hi has anyone been offered a waiting list and if so does anyone know what the chances are of getting a place? 

DC knows at least one offer holder who will not be taking up the offer and one who is still undecided so places will come up.

• Thanks 1

On 22/03/2022 at 14:18, Dance.Mum said:

DC knows at least one offer holder who will not be taking up the offer and one who is still undecided so places will come up.

We know a girl who is giving up her place after another offer so looks like some of those waitlisted will get good news. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AMP said:

Thank you for the update. Does anyone know how long they have from offer to accept ? 

Tues 5th April is the deadline. Fingers crossed to everyone on the waitlist. 🤞I have heard of quite a few that are not accepting their places. Hope you hear soon x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Twinkletoes12 said:

Tues 5th April is the deadline. Fingers crossed to everyone on the waitlist. 🤞I have heard of quite a few that are not accepting their places. Hope you hear soon x

We have one more audition this week and one we're waiting to hear from, then we'll discuss where DD would like to go (if she has a choice!)...

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, AMP said:

Morning all, has anyone heard of any movement on the wait list yet, as the acceptance deadline was yesterday?

Other than some giving up places I haven’t heard of a place from waitlist.  There will be others still waiting Elmhurst results so still time.  

17 minutes ago, KindleK said:

Hi, nothing here but we have kind of given up with this one as they are still taking in applications & auditioning in Italy so I am thinking the chances of a place are slim! 

Keep the faith you never know

• Like 1