DanceMamma

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, Laceyj said:

It was a no for my daughter too. ☹️
well done to all the other girls and good luck to you all for the final audition x

Sorry to hear that. I hope your daughter is ok. 

After a few tears, DD is seeing that it’s more of a not yet or not here response. We’ve got lots of thinking to do though, I’m not sure either of us want another year of the ups and downs of auditions. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DanceMamma said:

Sorry to hear that. I hope your daughter is ok. 

After a few tears, DD is seeing that it’s more of a not yet or not here response. We’ve got lots of thinking to do though, I’m not sure either of us want another year of the ups and downs of auditions. 

The ups are good but the downs are difficult 😞 

1 hour ago, DanceMamma said:

I’m not sure either of us want another year of the ups and downs of auditions. 

I think you've said your dd is already in two associate schemes.  There is nothing wrong with sticking with those, focusing on those and giving yourselves a few years away from the audition rollercoaster.  But it's early days and you don't have to make any decisions now.  Next year is a long way off and a lot can happen.

8 hours ago, glowlight said:

I think you've said your dd is already in two associate schemes.  There is nothing wrong with sticking with those, focusing on those and giving yourselves a few years away from the audition rollercoaster.  But it's early days and you don't have to make any decisions now.  Next year is a long way off and a lot can happen.

She’ll continue with them but there’s always the risk of being assessed out. Her main associates is one of the well-known schools so she’s hoping to keep her place but it’s not guaranteed. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Not seen any similar threads coming up for this years auditions so thought I’d re-activate this one. DD is trying again! In her words “if I don’t try then I’m giving myself an automatic no”.

She’s still in her other associate classes and is quite content to stick with them but wants to give the chance of a CAT place another go. She’s very aware of the minuscule chance of a recall, she never stops impressing me with her resilience! 

I wanted to say good luck to anyone auditioning next weekend! 🩰🩰

• Like 4

12 hours ago, DanceMamma said:

My daughters was a bit earlier, 13+ group. 

Hi, DS would have been in same audition as your daughter. He also attended the associates later on. He said both went really well but he’s yr9 so is being realistic about his chances at his age but he really enjoyed it.

Fingers crossed for them all 🤞🏼

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DanceMam84 said:

Hi, DS would have been in same audition as your daughter. He also attended the associates later on. He said both went really well but he’s yr9 so is being realistic about his chances at his age but he really enjoyed it.

Fingers crossed for them all 🤞🏼

Good luck to him! Were there many boys? I think I only saw one go in.

9 minutes ago, DanceMamma said:

Good luck to him! Were there many boys? I think I only saw one go in.

Just him in the CAT I believe so will have been him you saw most likely. There were 4 in associates audition though which was nice to see x

• Like 1

My daughter also auditioned for CAT on Sunday.  We’re not expecting a yes/recall, though she has had one before.

She also thought it was more difficult than last time, and apparently some of the children were crying and freezing with nerves in the corner work.   

Good luck to all waiting.  I hope we hear something soon.

5 minutes ago, DanceMam84 said:

Hope she’s ok DanceMamma x DS mentioned at the end of the class they told them all they weren’t strong enough! So he’s expecting the same. Just waiting on our email.

Is it just the emails for the CAT auditions coming through?