Psst! Fancy being a spy?

trog

So you've got the trench coat, the trilby and the Ladybird Book of Codes and Cyphers. What more do you need to be a spy? Fancy a lipstick gun? A poison tip umbrella? A handbag with a hidden camera? Make a note in your diary (in lemon juice of course!) for February 13th, 2021.

For Sale: The Entire Spycraft Collection of New York's KGB Museum

Order your auction catalogue at https://www.juliensauctions.com/about-auction?id=353

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Adverts pop up all over the place. Job interviews take place in really random places, followed by months of background security checks on whole family, followed by lists of countries in the world you may no longer travel to. And all in all its a bit like the use of Voldemort's name (He who must not be named) in the Harry Potter books as you cannot name where you work, talk about work etc.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 21/02/2021 at 20:59, NJH said:

given how  problematic  parts of Mumsnet are for extremist radicalisation 

What???? Gosh, MN is the epitome of middle England and an amazing place for women to speak their minds! It's also a place where many, many highly qualified women read & post; and it's multi-cultural - there's a dedicated section for Black British mums, for example. Excellent grounds for MI5 recruitment, I'd have thought ... 

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/02/2021 at 08:55, Kate_N said:

What???? Gosh, MN is the epitome of middle England and an amazing place for women to speak their minds! It's also a place where many, many highly qualified women read & post; and it's multi-cultural - there's a dedicated section for Black British mums, for example. Excellent grounds for MI5 recruitment, I'd have thought ... 

There's a certain section of society which really does not like Mumsnet; nor the freedoms of speech it gives women. If you get my drift.

Off topic of Trog’s post but given how popular Graham Linehan is and how much support he has on Mumsnet now he’s been banned from Twitter, I’m not surprised that some people have stopped posting there.  It’s a shame because it does have some great boards and interesting discussions, but, like all SM platforms, it does attract its fair share of toxic posters. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 1

On 18/11/2020 at 09:24, 2dancersmum said:

Adverts pop up all over the place. Job interviews take place in really random places, followed by months of background security checks on whole family, followed by lists of countries in the world you may no longer travel to. And all in all its a bit like the use of Voldemort's name (He who must not be named) in the Harry Potter books as you cannot name where you work, talk about work etc.

The process sounds similar to applying for a visa to study in Russia. 😳

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anna C said:

Off topic of Trog’s post but given how popular Graham Linehan is and how much support he has on Mumsnet now he’s been banned from Twitter, I’m not surprised that some people have stopped posting there.  It’s a shame because it does have some great boards and interesting discussions, but, like all SM platforms, it does attract its fair share of toxic posters. 🤷🏻‍♀️

given Linehan's 'performance' in his " evidence "  to the house of lords   , which any  objective  assessment  demonstrates to be nothing more than conspiracy theories without any basis...  and an object lesson in the  damage that obsessive    belief in  XRW  lies  has on careers, lives and  income ...  

• Anna C locked this topic