Charities providing support to the arts in Covid-19 times?

If I wanted to make a donation to charities supporting those parts of the Arts sector which are still lacking support from the UK Government, what choices would I have?  I'm not really sure where to start.  (And I would really want them to be charities so that I could Gift Aid it).  Suggestions very welcome.

Well, for a start, putting "covid support for dancers" into Google came up with:

https://www.dancefund.org.uk/grants/crisis/

That in turn led me to:

https://solt.co.uk/

(Of course, that's the front page, so I hope the details stay there - there is some more information in the Covid-19 section, although it's not very clear)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Peony said:

Are they meant to display their registration number if they are a registered charity?

Not quite sure what this is referencing but both The Dance Professionals Fund (which is the trading name of The Royal Ballet Benevolent Fund) and the Theatre Artists Fund have their registered charity number at the bottom of all of their webpages.

I spoke to someone I know who runs a theatre and this was their reply:

"It’s really a matter of looking on the websites of the particular arts organisations they want to support or have an interest in that art form. Most will be charities and have online donation options with gift aid, etc. There aren’t really charities that are the collective for an art form – to get money to an artist/artistic enterprise they need to go direct to that organisation."

hope that helps 

• Like 1

On 20/10/2020 at 08:41, bangorballetboy said:

Not quite sure what this is referencing but both The Dance Professionals Fund (which is the trading name of The Royal Ballet Benevolent Fund) and the Theatre Artists Fund have their registered charity number at the bottom of all of their webpages.

there was a limited company number at the bottom of the https://solt.co.uk page. If you click again onto the theatre arts fund link it does indeed give the registered charity number

• 4 weeks later...

This is proving to be an expensive time despite (or perhaps because of) my lack of expenditure on tickets.

The Big Give (wherein one’s donation is doubled) is on again this year between the 1st and the 8th December with ENB and the RBS already e-mailing to say they are participating.

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps I can hijack my own thread(!) to point out as well that, if you have signed up with one of those schemes such as EasyFundraising which get companies to make donations of various sizes to a specified organisation when you shop online with them, some of the recipient organisations which can be selected are dance companies and other arts organisations.  It's pretty painless, and doesn't cost you a penny.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...