Prix de Lausanne competition

allegro11

For anyone who missed the live transmission of the finals, there's a complete video on the Prix de Lausanne website: http://www.prixdelausanne.org/

(The finals video is at: http://prixdelausanne.tv/  and on Youtube:  

)

Next year's competition will be from 26th Jan to 1st Feb, 2014.

Yaffa

[edited to correct typo]

Edited by Yaffa

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but not for some time. Delia Mathews (ex NZ'er, then joined RBS) whilst at RBS she was a scholarship winner at PdL and YBDY http://www.brb.org.uk/masque/index.htm?act=Person&urn=25197

I'm sure that same year (2007) RBS had a male dancer James Hay, who also won a PdL scholarship.

Can't remember anyone since these two - who actually attended RBS prior to going to PdL.

I am sure top RBS Graduates like Yasmine Naghdi, Francesca Hayward, Anne-Rose Sullivan (now all at RB) - just to name a few as I remember each of them winning 1st Prize at YBDY - would have gone to PdL but when offered an RB contract well before the start of PdL there is no need for these dancers to participate. Why would they participate if they are already at a top school and in a position of being seen by RB/BRB/ENB Directors?

I am sure top RBS Graduates like Yasmine Naghdi, Francesca Hayward, Anne-Rose Sullivan (now all at RB) - just to name a few as I remember each of them winning 1st Prize at YBDY - would have gone to PdL but when offered an RB contract well before the start of PdL there is no need for these dancers to participate. Why would they participate if they are already at a top school and in a position of being seen by RB/BRB/ENB Directors?

Of course there is no need to participate, just wasted expense.

I was replying as to the RBS students that I knew of, who HAD previously competed.

I thought that a lot of the PdL candidates were younger eg 15 and 16 and used the competition as a route to further training at a school abroad. That is how many international students come into upper schools in the UK, particularly the RBS. Sergei Polunin won it when he was at the RBS. Why did he enter when he was already training at the RBS with the help of some sort of scholarship? Does anyone whose DC is or was at WL know what the School's policy towards the PdL is? Certainly there are UK trained students who enter the YAGP.

I thought that a lot of the PdL candidates were younger eg 15 and 16 and used the competition as a route to further training at a school abroad. That is how many international students come into upper schools in the UK, particularly the RBS. Sergei Polunin won it when he was at the RBS. Why did he enter when he was already training at the RBS with the help of some sort of scholarship? Does anyone whose DC is or was at WL know what the School's policy towards the PdL is? Certainly there are UK trained students who enter the YAGP.

I think they entered Polunin to showcase the school's talent...:)

I guess it's at the Director's discretion who will participate. 

Prizes for 15 & 16 year olds are a year's training at one of the schools, older winners are awarded an apprenticeship.  There is a list of the schools and companies who offer this and the winners have a month to decide where they would like to go.  This year's winners' choices will be published soon.  All the competitors are competing against each other at the Prix, it is not divided into two competitions, but the candidate's age determines what they are offered.