Associate Programme places in Scotland

Maximum

Hi there

New to forum so apologies in advance if this isn’t the correct use of the message boards!

Recently got devastating news for my daughter as she didn’t get a place in Scottish Ballet seniors (2) after 5 years in the programme. Hadn’t been given any indication up until then that there was a problem and she’s been accepted into RCS.

Wondering if anyone knows of associate programmes/advanced level classes based in Scotland that still have availability spaces for next year?

There’s more than just her in this situation and as parents we are keen to keep their tuition at the right level to make their dreams of full time tuition next year come true - leaving school at 16 to enter full time.

Any info gratefully received!

Have you been in contact with Penny Withers?

She used to be involved with Scottish Ballet Associates and now runs the Gyrotonic studio in Glasgow. It’s definitely not an Associate programme but she teaches ballet intensives at Easter/ Summer and may be able to help. 

She must be so disappointed, does her dance school have any ideas for extra classes? Associate classes I know of in Scotland are:

Ballet West (Edinburgh, Glasgow, Dundee) SMB Company (new this year, by Sara-Maria Barton), BBO Scholars, Morea Performing Arts, RBS (Dundee).

I think a lot of the audition dates have passed unfortunately. There may be others though - these are just the ones our dance school has mentioned this year.

9 minutes ago, taximom said:

Scottish Ballet also have an associate programme but I know nothing about it regarding ages or auditions etc.

Heather

aka Taximom

I may be wrong but I assume that’s where Maximum’s dd has been for the past 5 years. 

@Maximum do Scottish Ballet not give any feedback or a personal interview when deciding who to take forward? 

37 minutes ago, Anna C said:

I may be wrong but I assume that’s where Maximum’s dd has been for the past 5 years. 

@Maximum do Scottish Ballet not give any feedback or a personal interview when deciding who to take forward? 

I am so sorry to have possibly made matters worse by my post.  My sincere apologies!

Heather

aka taximom

• Like 1

20 hours ago, taximom said:

I am so sorry to have possibly made matters worse by my post.  My sincere apologies!

Heather

aka taximom

@taximom no worries!!! Any reply is welcome - new to message boards so no idea where this response might end up but absolutely no worries at all x

• Like 1