Question about associates

BalletHP

My daughter auditioned for Northern ballet associates last year and gained a place on the reserve list. We didn't apply for RBS juniors at that time because of a date clash. She was upset as she was keen to audition particularly when she hadn't got a place. This year we applied for both as the closing date for RBS was before the outcome for Northern. She got a place which is great and she is really happy. We have since had the date for the RBS associates audition. Her teachers are suggesting we should still go but I am anxious that if she was to get into both this would be difficult. I know this is unlikely but wasn't sure of the etiquette in this case. Do some children do more than one programme? It is it better not to audition that be in that situation? Her teachers think the audition will be a good experience.

Some children do both, have seen a few RB tracksuits at Northern! Some do Northern Scholars and Northern, some like my DS do Ballet Boost and Northern! It can be a juggling act if they're on the same day, but as your daughter's teacher have said it's a good experience. Good luck!!

I would say go for the experience! You’ve already paid the fee, so just go for the class and then decide afterwards if she gets a place! If not she’s still got her place with Northern and also had another nice day out.

And answer to question re etiquette - lots of children do more  than one associate programme! So you’re not stepping on anyone else’s toes! 

There is no problem, my DD was allowed to do a year of northern assoc on a Sunday when she should have attended on a Saturday so that she could do both RB & Northern.

The following year dd dropped northern to concentrate on RB.

When it came to Seniors DD again auditioned for both and was offered a place at northern without the need to attend finals so the definitely don’t bear a grudge.  She was also offered RB SA and that was the one she chose to attend, we feel that this was the right choice.

I’m guessing you were at yesterday RB audition, I hope all went well.

• Like 1