Double tap to like?

I think we've had a variant of this before, but it seems that (on tablets and phones at least) "liking" something requires a double or repeat tap. Is there a way of fixing this? I'm worried people won't be able to like at will, as it's no longer obvious to all how to do so.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lizbie1 said:

I think we've had a variant of this before, but it seems that (on tablets and phones at least) "liking" something requires a double or repeat tap. Is there a way of fixing this? I'm worried people won't be able to like at will, as it's no longer obvious to all how to do so.

I don't think there is a way of changing that behaviour. Seems to me it's an 'if at first you don't succeed, try again' situation.

• Like 1

I was thrown by the change.  Up to yesterday I would just tap once to 'like' on my iPad (which is the only device I use for interacting with Ballet Forum); this morning I now have to tap twice to 'react'.  Now I know, thanks to Lizbie1, it's no longer a problem but it's just slightly unsettling that a software upgrade requires me to change what I have been doing.  I doubt very much if I'd have thought about double clicking - a reflection very much of my lack of IT sense.

6 minutes ago, JohnS said:

I was thrown by the change.  Up to yesterday I would just tap once to 'like' on my iPad (which is the only device I use for interacting with Ballet Forum); this morning I now have to tap twice to 'react'.  Now I know, thanks to Lizbie1, it's no longer a problem but it's just slightly unsettling that a software upgrade requires me to change what I have been doing.  I doubt very much if I'd have thought about double clicking - a reflection very much of my lack of IT sense.

Well I don't think I'm particularly short of IT sense but the only reason I knew the answer is that I'd stumbled across it following a previous upgrade!

Edited by Lizbie1

1 hour ago, John Mallinson said:

I don't think there is a way of changing that behaviour. Seems to me it's an 'if at first you don't succeed, try again' situation.

And then if the board's feeling particularly slow you end up un-Liking whatever it was you were trying to Like.

I guessed to just tap again.....a sort of dark shape appears on the first tap ....which I've decided is the ..."are you sure you want to like this icon!!" Or the "think before you react icon!!" 

I do think "react" is a bit strange as you could be reacting to dislike something!!