Has anyone had to dance in a real life situation?

MageFilms

So I've finally got a concept for my short film.

**Summary**: A famous retired ballerina has her career prematurely amidst controversy. She now lives life in anonymity as a creative director at an advertising agency. To help win the biggest pitch of the year, she must somehow use her ballet skills without risking her new found anonymity. 

This is loosely based on a true story about this woman who was a former soloist and now CEO of big advertising agency in London. 

The film will be a story about the transition from ballerina to a job in the 'real world'. Something that I don't think has been portrayed in film.

So the majority of the film will focus on her struggling in her new role however I need her to dance somehow. In a real life situation that would be linked towards an advertising / corporate role. 

I'm not even sure about the 'biggest pitch of the year' ending yet. I just need the film to climax with her performing at least part of a routine for some reason.

So I'm posting here for brainstorm ideas.

Has there even been a situation that required you to use ballet?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Pas de Quatre said:

She is directing an ad featuring an older ballerina.

Think current ad for Boots No. 7 serum. During the filming the ballerina is injured so your heroine has to dance it instead

I like that a lot. 

The stakes are high and it would be a realistic reason for her to fill in.

2 hours ago, trog said:

I use releve in fifth when I want to put something on the high shelf in the pantry :)

i now semi consciously /semi unconsciously   do things like this , especially  for looking on high shelves etc  or  when i have to reach to  the back of  something  deep...

• Like 4

Director for Ad drops papers on floor during filming ...she (the former dancer) goes to pick them up & subconsciously does so doing a beautiful penche  with perfect arabesque - whoops, secrets out of the bag & caught on camera! I'd  like to say I've done that....but only ever in my mind....I secretly perform all sorts of dance moves in my head during every day life! 

Edited by Peanut68
Typo
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Peanut68 said:

Director for Ad drops papers on floor during filming ...she (the former dancer) goes to pick them up & subconsciously does so doing a beautiful penche  with perfect arabesque - whoops, secrets out of the bag & caught on camera! I'd  like to say I've done that....but only ever in my mind....I secretly perform all sorts of dance moves in my head during every day life! 

see trog and my  previous posts  above ...

I did that going down a very broad sweep of stone steps in the Louve in Paris......less Bluebell more a Benny Hill's Angel as I slipped & finished the run  skidding down  on my rear end ! My friend & I still giggle over that & our other Paris exploits.....3 days footloose & fancy free in Paris in our early 20's...ah, those were the days :-) !!

• Like 5

My daughter & her school friends were on a channel ferry returning from a school trip. Another school party were taunting them & being really annoying. They then challenged dd's school to a dance off.

The children from dd's school accepted. What the other school hadnt realised was that they were a vocational school. 

Edited by Picturesinthefirelight
Spelling
  • Like 9