Practice tutu fit problem

Sorry, I know this has been discussed before but searching all the keywords I could think of and trawling back through as far as page 35 didn't find it. Dd has a new practice tutu which we are very pleased with other than it seems to want to pop upwards forming an inverted umbrella shape, if you see what I mean. She can kind of push it down but this makes the Lycra knicker part come away from her body and stretch a bit so that as soon. As she moves, it pops back up again. Is this something to do with the fit not being right or will it just settle down in time? 

We've got this problem currently. Ours is from Just Ballet and I phoned the shop for advice. The first thing was make sure it's the right size (ours is ) then they said to store if folded in half tied with ribbon - this we are currently doing and will test again next week. ....

Should add our lycra isn't pulling away.

Will be interested to hear if you get any other tips....

Edited by sarahw

27 minutes ago, taxi4ballet said:

DD had one like this a few years back - we solved the problem by exchanging it for the next size up.

Thanks, I'm pretty sure we don't need to go up a size, if anything I wondered if we needed to go down a size as there certainly is plenty of give in the lycra knicker part

Edited by along for the ride mum
Typo

6 minutes ago, sarahw said:

We've got this problem currently. Ours is from Just Ballet and I phoned the shop for advice. The first thing was make sure it's the right size (ours is ) then they said to store if folded in half tied with ribbon - this we are currently doing and will test again next week. ....

Will be interested to hear if you get any other tips....

Thanks Sarah, there was definitely. A thread on this a while back with all sorts of advice which I now can't remember, I just can't find it! 

Edited by along for the ride mum
Missing spaces

Thanks Anna, I think that was it. Not sure it's actually helped me , other than to cheer me up and have me roaring with laughter at petalviolet's fabulous wit. I do love a good petalviolet thread! 

I have eave spoken to the owner of the shop where it came from (ours is also from just ballet) and as always, the customer service has been fantastic and Sheila is doing all she can to rectify the situation as soon as possible. Can't fault the customer service! I'm sure we will have it sorted soon 

• Like 2

This is often a size problem if the person is wearing a tutu just a bit too small.

sometimes the quality of the make can contribute to this too though but if you bought it from JustBallet Icannot see quality being the problem her stuff is usually excellent and I have a pull on practice one from her especially made to my size and everyone asks where I got it from!! so must be the size thing .....but storing it correctly is really important too. 

My lartner is getting fed up with bumping into various tutus and costumes hanging up in the spare room!!

On 08/04/2017 at 17:01, Anna C said:

Was it this thread you were looking for?  

Bit late to the party here: I'd just remembered it was a funny thread, so had guessed it must have been one of PV's, but I see Anna found it anyway.  I've tweaked the tags, so you shouldn't have any problem next time.

• Like 1

On 15 April 2017 at 04:53, Cara in NZ said:

I have had some success with tacking some of the layers together?

Thanks Cara,

in this particular instance, the layers are already beautifully flat. It's a lovely quality product, just clearly not the right size/ fit for dd. The shop has been brilliant at trying to sort it for us, having sent a replacement straight away and as that wasn't right either they have gone out of their way to source another size. Can't fault the shop or the product, it's just a size issue, it seems.