Royal Ballet White Lodge SS 2017

ckswartz

Hello! We are very excited that our daughter (age 10 in May) will be attending White Lodge this summer as a non-resident. We are from the United States and we are trying to work out the logistics of our trip. Our plan is to rent an AirBNB home outside of the park, and we are trying to figure out the best way to get our daughter to and from the studio. We are not too sure about how it will be driving on the left side of the road, but we are thinking this might be the easiest way to get her into the park. Our experience with London has been in Central London and we could not imagine driving! Would Richmond be easier? Does anyone have experience getting their child to/from the studio at White Lodge? Does anyone taxi, UBER, or bike? Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

• Like 1

Hello! We are very excited that our daughter (age 10 in May) will be attending White Lodge this summer as a non-resident. We are from the United States and we are trying to work out the logistics of our trip. Our plan is to rent an AirBNB home outside of the park, and we are trying to figure out the best way to get our daughter to and from the studio. We are not too sure about how it will be driving on the left side of the road, but we are thinking this might be the easiest way to get her into the park. Our experience with London has been in Central London and we could not imagine driving! Would Richmond be easier? Does anyone have experience getting their child to/from the studio at White Lodge? Does anyone taxi, UBER, or bike? Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

I can't answer your questions but I just wanted to say congratulations and how exciting!! Do keep in touch and I hope you're planning on seeing some of our wonderful sites whilst you're here.

• Like 1

Hello ckswartz and congratulations ! I can't immediately answer your query, but when my DS went to WL SS he stayed with friends of mine who live in Richmond for the first night after his flight to the UK and who the took him to WL on the first day. I'll ask them the best way to get to and from WL and let you know - although I'm sure lots of other forum members will have lots of info. x

• Like 1

Thank you so much hoglett! That is very kind of you. I will keep in touch. I am grateful for the information boards on this site. This process is new to us and we are learning everything as we go! We are really looking forward to visiting London! :)

• Like 1

Thank you so much Ellie! I really appreciate that! 

No problem ! I've sent them a message asking the best route and also how much (approx) a taxi would cost. Will let you know as soon as I hear back from them. x

• Like 1

Hi everyone, my two cents on trasportation to and from WL.

It's not easy. No buses lines  to the school. The Park is preatty big so it's not suitable to reach WL by bike. A taxi from Richmond Station to the school door was 25£ one way.

But... the good thing is the school provides a bus from Richmond for the non residents students (at least last year...).

My DD will be in week two ;), she's 13.

• Like 2

Thank you so much for all this wonderful information! I guess I'm not crazy to think getting in and out of the park as a non-resident is a concern. Looks like we will definitely be using taxi/Uber on the days we will be going with her to register, and on the parent watch day. The the bus seems like a wonderful option for the rest of the week. Thank you vmmom for that option! That will be wonderful if they offer that service again. And thank you all for your responses! :)

Hi ckswartz,

The best place to stay is definitely Sheen and the nearest gate to WL is Sheen Gate. The residential areas of Sheen are pretty easy driving, nothing like Central London. You could walk to WL from Sheen Gate, it's not that far (if you couldn't get Uber). It is a lovely walk through the park.

• Like 2

A bit more info.... .)

There are buses-the 371 goes from Richmond to park gates. But obviously quite a walk from there-15/20 mins?! But a lovely walk. Uber cheapest cab to get you can get the app and get the car as and when you want it. Not sure how much because unsure where you're coming from but might be a £5 each way. Hope that's helpful! X

• Like 1

I was going to say, Walk! 

My grandparents had a house on Richmond Hill, and so the Park was our extended garden when we stayed. It's a safe area, and an easy walk to WL - even easier from the bus stop on the bus from Richmond Tube station (from memory ...)

• Like 1

I was going to say, Walk! 

My grandparents had a house on Richmond Hill, and so the Park was our extended garden when we stayed. It's a safe area, and an easy walk to WL - even easier from the bus stop on the bus from Richmond Tube station (from memory ...)

How wonderful ! x

• Like 1