Is this the most pointless product on Amazon?

trog

Andrex Dash Button

• Amazon Dash Button is a Wi-Fi-connected device that reorders your favourite product with the press of a button.
  • Each Dash Button is paired with a product of your choice, which is selected through the Amazon App on your Android or iOS smartphone during the set-up process.
  • Easy to use. Press the Dash Button and never run out of your favourite products.

As far as I can tell, you are supposed to purchase a bunch of these things, one for each product (coffee, loo roll, tootpaste, etc) stick them around your house, so that you can order stuff at the touch of a button. At £5 a pop, it would take a reall mug to signup to it, even if you do get a £5 discount on your first order. I can imagine it being pressed quite often and you find yourself with loads of, for example, loo rolls that you don't want.

• Like 5

:lol:

I really am so last century.  I write reminders on a blackboard, and do a weekly shop with a list.  

I'm a bit more modern that that - I use a piece of paper and a biro. There is one problem with this - I have the writing of a Doctor and I'll be in the supermarket and think "What's that?"

• Like 2

All this technology is getting out of hand, if you ask me.  I also use a pen/pencil and paper for my shopping lists.  I also use that old fashioned thing called a paper diary in my private life.  if I need to check something on a certain date, I just open it and hey presto, it takes about ten seconds. 

Who remembers this song?  When it was a hit when I was a child, I thought it was totally far-fetched and ridiculous.  Now....some of it is already starting to come true.  Who knew, back in 1969!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvtnJc4YTqg

• Like 5