Overseas companies visiting the UK in 2016

Funnily enough only last night I emailed Australian Ballet to ask if they will tour elsewhere in the UK only to get a reply today saying they're not touring to the UK and that I must have the wrong company?!!! I have sent a reply back with the links to both ballets on the Coliseum/ENOs events web pages which both clearly state The Australian Ballet!!! I await a response.

Edited by Don Q Fan

Friend in Sydney has replied!

She says hasn't heard anything about them going to UK but that because they are getting the Houston Ballet that the Australian Company are off on tour somewhere!!!

and she says they have permission to perform a Neumeier (would this be Nijinsky?) not sure if this is mentioned on Coli site.

But still some degree of mystery unfortunately!!

• Like 1

Curiouser and curiouser hey?!  Seems a bit premature for the Coli to have the tickets up for sale if the company itself doesn't even know?!  Its a Raymond Gubbay and someone else  promoting and I have checked both sites and nothing on there either?!

I fear we may be somewhat inundated by tours this summer so far we have the Bolshoi and also expect Irina Koloshnikova and poss The Australian Ballet.

Edited by Don Q Fan

Friend from Oz has definitely confirmed the Company will,be at the Coli in July.

She's not so happy about the productions coming though.....thinks the Cinderella will be the best thing to go and see.

A great pity they are not bringing the Nijinsky piece which they are performing in Oz in 2016

• Like 2

The leaftet for the Australian Ballet's visit is now on display at the Coliseum.  I saw Graeme Murphy's "Swan Lake" when the company danced it at the Lowry a few years ago.  Sets and costumes are stunning but don't expect the exquisite Ivanov Act II, plus the original 1877 score is used so the order will be very different for those used to the 1895 version.  Worth a visit for the visual splendour but the choreography (in my opinion) does take second place to this.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's not on the Coliseum website but some new info on the Irina Kolesnikova London season 26-28 August on facebook:

After last year’s successful London season Irina Kolesnikova is returning to the London Coliseum with a new take on an old classic, Her Name was Carmen.
This ballet takes Mérimée’s story to a refugee camp on the fringes of Europe.

Andrei Kuznetzov-Vecheslov’s bold interpretation distils the emotional directness of Bizet’s opera and speaks to timeless themes of hope and despair, suffering and a thirst for a better life. The staging, drawing one of the most pressing issues facing humanity, adds an unexpected urgency and pathos to the tragic tale.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Irina-Kolesnikova/1508385026059139

Edited by lou__iza