Which casting for Giselle?

Good point,nycitybird. I too would love to see Osipova again as Giselle, and really hope she will be recovered by then, but am nervous about booking tickets just to see her.

I wonder if we can presume that the RB expect her to be better by then if she is still in the casting?

Kish has been criticised for being bland, but I thought his partnership with Zenaida Yanowsky worked well when I saw Swan Lake in the cinema a while back. He was a good foil to her dramatic interpretation, and that might also be the case with another dance-actress like Morera.

Has anyone seen Morera in the role?

And is the partnership with Kish likely to be a good one?  I don't really know him at all.

Yes, I have seen Morera in the role and really liked her. She played the mad scene in a very old-fashioned, silent-screenish kind of way. It was an interesting take and probably would have been what it was like seeing the first ballerinas who danced this role. She pulled it off without making it look even remotely melodramatic or silly. Her Act 2 was very moving.

I have no idea about how it will work with Kish....either it will be as Melody describes above, or she will coax out more from him just by being her.

• Like 3