World Festival of Ballet, Tokyo 2015

Thanks to BA for this posting .... Some exciting current, former (and in Gouneo's case future) RB & ENB participants ... alongside a considerable troupe of current/past POB personnel and smatterings from other Russian, American and European companies.   Following Friday's Car Man at Sadler's Wells Marcelo Gomes is flying to Tokyo to appear in Programme B.  

Program A

Tchaikovsky Pas de duex  Iana Salenko and Steven McRae

Trois Gnossiennes  Maria Eichwald, Marijn Rademaker

The Lady and the Hooligan  Ashley Bouder, Igor Zelensky

Black Swan  Tamara Rojo, Alban Lendorf

The Farewell Waltz  Isabelle Guerin, Manuel Legris  

Other Dances  Amandine Albisson, Mathieu Ganio

Manfred  Mathias Heymann

Giselle  Sarah Lamb, Vadim Muntagirov

Raymonda Act 3 pas de duex   Maria Alexandrova, Vladislav Lantratov

Verklungene Feste  Anna Laudere, Edvin Levazov, Silvia Azzoni, Alexandre Riabko

Cinderella  Alina Cojocaru, Johan Kobborg

The Old Man and Me  Diana Vishneva, Vladimir Malakhov

Flames of Paris  Iana Salenko, Daniil Simkin

Swan Lake act 2  Ulyana Lopatkina, Danila Korsuntsev

Together Alone  Aurelie Dupont, Herve Moreau

Onegin Act 1 pas de deux  Alicia Amatriain, Freidemann Vogel

Don Quixote  Viengsay Valdes, Osiel Gouneo

The gala lasted 4 and a half hours, and this program A will be performed 5 times.  

Edited by Bruce Wall
  • Like 2

I was the one posted at BA :) I attended the performance on the first day and will come again tomorrow. It is true that Osiel Gouneo brought the house down with his incredible but very controlled pirouettes, such a great gain for ENB and UK ballet fans. I might add more impressions later. 

Meanwhile please enjoy the official curtain call video

Edited by Naomi M
  • Like 3

A sampling of Osiel Gouneo's turns in the DQ pas from the closing of Programme A from the WFoB in Tokyo courtesy of ABT principal Danil Simkin.  Even more reasons to look forward to ENB's stunning Le Corsaire in January 2016 in London. 

http://www.daniilsimkin.com/video-day-03-at-the-world-ballet-festival-in-tokyo-asere-osiel-gouneo-osielgouneo-still-has-it-14thwbf-a_dancers_life-donttrythisathome-corazoncubano-conmuchogusto/

Edited by Bruce Wall

Guerin / Legris were just mesmerizing, I think their performance were one of the very best ones at this festival, the only ones that were equally great were Swan Lake by Lopatkina and Korsunstev, No Mans Land by Cojocaru/Kobborg, Sylvia by Azzoni/Riabko. 

Guerin and Legris performed the Farewell Waltz by Patrick de Bana at Program A, and it was a touching, beautiful performance seeming to reflect on the lives of the two former Etoiles.  And Program B was Roland Petit's The Bat, Legris could dance like a dancer in his 30's, beautiful crisp turns and swift chaines. Guerin's legs on pointe were so beautiful, unbelievable she had been retired for more than 10 years, you can have a glimpse of her in costume on her lovely Instagram photo with Lopatkina. https://instagram.com/p/6KoM9HC1dS/

Edited by Naomi M
  • Like 2

Guerin / Legris were just mesmerizing, I think their performance were one of the very best ones at this festival, [...]  it was a touching, beautiful performance seeming to reflect on the lives of the two former Etoiles.  And Program B was Roland Petit's The Bat, Legris could dance like a dancer in his 30's, beautiful crisp turns and swift chaines. Guerin's legs on pointe were so beautiful, unbelievable she had been retired for more than 10 years, you can have a glimpse of her in costume on her lovely Instagram photo with Lopatkina. https://instagram.com/p/6KoM9HC1dS/

More ammunition for those of us who believe it's shortsighted to impose retirement on dancers at a specified age :(

• 2 years later...