Late Summer Schools

Aww, sorry to hear that! How old is your dd? I believe Northern Ballet are still accepting applications for their age 10-14 summer course, which is August 27-30th. So are Midland Theatre Ballet, August 5-7th. I think the deadline for MIDAS summer school has recently passed, but they may still accept an application, not sure about that one but hopefully someone else will be able to advise you further :) good luck!

Edited for spelling

Edited by swanprincess
  • Like 2

Harpenden Summer Dance School has a handful of places left . Closing date is 31st July.

19th - 23rd August 2013

Feel free to pm for further details.

Any forms received after the closing date will be considered if places are available on a first come first served basis.

• Like 1

Just incase anyone is in the same boat ,Midland theatre ballets three day course for 6-19 year old covers ballet class, rep, pointe work, pas de deux and jazz culminating in a performance for parents. The teaching faculty sounds great with James Wilkie from RB, Ruth Brill from BRB and Olivia Pickford their resident ballet Mistress. A friends dd got accepted onto the course yesterday so there may still be places.

• Like 1

Yes it is the 5th to the 7th I think.  My DD loves Olivia Pickford.  

Also try Opes SS in Nottingham run by Shannon and Peter Parker it is both day and residential.  We wish we knew about this one before we committed elsewhere.  It also has Olivia Pickford and Errol Pickford teaching.  I think it is the 12th - 16th August?

• Like 2

Hi there- I still have a few places on my summer school this week . Its mainly classical , taught by 2 guest teachers from hammond and Northern ballet . some other disciplines ( tap ,street, jazz ) and a performance in theatre on Friday 6pm . Its 9 30 til 5 pm Weds - fri this week in keighley . PM me if you wish - tutugirl

• Like 2

Don't know who's looking forward to it most Tutugirl , me or dd ;) She is already getting rather pesky after 3 weeks at home .

She was rather pleased when I told her that there would be a tap class.

Looking forward to catching up with everyone.

• Like 2

and if you happen to be near Salzberg... or can get there and are between 12-20, then there are some places left on the Youth version of the Summer School that my DS is currently on (and enjoying a lot) and the applicaiton deadline has been extended into August..

This one is only 10 days though.

http://siba-ballet-workshop.org/program.htm

• Like 2